just back from Liberty...was ok.

Samdel

Why the OP (and others) got so hung up on the "large group" - who liked soul music. We saw many many other "groups" of families, etc traveling together. They were not as large a number but certainly "could have" been rude, etc. without being part of the soul group. And I must admit that most members of the soul group were dressed outstanding not only on formal nights but practically every night - we enjoyed their outfits and their sense of fun. To put down the cruise because of a "large group" is really being picky. This cruise may not have lived up to everyones expectations but it certainly was a great cruise for a lot of people who overlook the petty stuff that bugs us all year that makes us need a vacation ! This was a cruise - not paradise !

[quote name='WiggleBay']Well Spoken but yes a little blunt, but yes everyone has different tales for the same cruise. Best part is you are Crusing. Please take good care of the Liberty. We sail on her 2 cruises from you. Enjoy your trip. Can you let me know how the Lido deck is by the Versallis pool (Aft) if you don't mind. That is were we are planning are Meet & Greet. Thank in advance. Again have a great trip.
Cheri[/quote]

You know Cheri your the only post that I felt that "I" needed to reply too.
Ya know I agree a little blunt :eek: - However if some just take a moment to really comprehend my statement I am of right on. We [B]"ALL PAY"[/B] for our cruises. Some might get a freebie - WTG!!! Show me the way. :p This is true since the rich don"t need to post - They are well aware of what is "expected" since they can afford it and are [COLOR=black][B]accustom [/B][/COLOR]to it. [B]"MOST"[/B] of us work all year to pay for our vacations. I know I sure did. Most peple should not feel they are the only ones that struggle to get it done! Just because I am paying for it "I" should never feel that "I" am so special that nothing else matters.

As for the groups - join them instead of fighting them regardless of race. White, black, red, green (sea sick) or yellow. Soul music, rap music, country music and hey my favorite late 70's early 80's disco(NY) listen to it and open your mind. It just might make you a better person that you "now realize.

Cheri - I will take care of the Liberty since the Liberty will take care of me. I will have your answer when I get back. :p

Linda

PS - Some one mentioned the peace corp? What is wrong with that? May-be I should look into that. Ya give a little ya just might get back ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='kylescoolmom']You know Cheri your the only post that I felt that "I" needed to reply too.
Ya know I agree a little blunt :eek: - However if some just take a moment to really comprehend my statement I am of right on. We [B]"ALL PAY"[/B] for our cruises. Some might get a freebie - WTG!!! Show me the way. :p This is true since the rich don"t need to post - They are well aware of what is "expected" since they can afford it and are [COLOR=black][B]accustom [/B][/COLOR]to it. [B]"MOST"[/B] of us work all year to pay for our vacations. I know I sure did. Most peple should not feel they are the only ones that struggle to get it done! Just because I am paying for it "I" should never feel that "I" am so special that nothing else matters.

As for the groups - join them instead of fighting them regardless of race. White, black, red, green (sea sick) or yellow. Soul music, rap music, country music and hey my favorite late 70's early 80's disco(NY) listen to it and open your mind. It just might make you a better person that you "now realize.

Cheri - I will take care of the Liberty since the Liberty will take care of me. I will have your answer when I get back. :p

Linda

PS - Some one mentioned the peace corp? What is wrong with that? May-be I should look into that. Ya give a little ya just might get back ALOT!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yes, everyone pays for their vacation, and everyone has the expectation of getting value for their money. That's not demanding special treatment, it's expecting to get what you pay for.

And ya know, I briefly joined the green group years ago on a water taxi in the SF Bay, and I ain't doing it again if I can help it. It didn't broaden my horizon one bit, though it did convince me small boats in choppy waters are not for me. (I would have loved to joined the soul cruisers group, though, if I'd known about it. Wonder if they had live entertainment? Anybody who went know?)

[quote name='caribbean dreams']Actually we don't pick on any certain races. we pick on any group that goes on anyship, takes over, is rude to other passengers, no matter what color they are.

Please do not try and turn this into a racial thread, no one elase has![/quote]

I am not the one who started this thread and I am not turning anything into a racial i ssue that was thrown out there LONG before I posted my QUESTION!!!! there were many remarks made on thae issue of a particular grp and if I am not mistaken there were actual ethnics named, as far as me praising and condeming all on the same person I am not praising nor condeming you or your comment I do agree with what you said but that was just a thread I picked out to reply from that point of where I was reading from.. This is my first time on this board I dont know you or any of you and really I could care less of all the drama that seems to be on this particular thread I asked a QUESTION from all the post in the thread that I read and what I read was there was rudeness coming from a par grp and "people that like soul music" and there were also some threads where certain ethnics "Puertoricans" were named that is not my background so I could care less all I wanted to know was IS THIS A THREAD ABOUT RACE if so and people could actually be that crucial over a cruise or a online thread then NO I do not want anything to do with this board but dont turn this on me for asking a question when all those remarks were thrown out way before I even read the post..

cool:

[quote name='go noles']One on hand you give me hard time about clarifying something not realizing I'm the same person that wrote the filter post you praise.[/quote]

Please know that I was not condeming you for what you said.. when you answered someone's question of what they were speaking of is just where I decided to reply from, and you clarifying that is what made me think the posters were turning it into a racial aspect. my comment was not condeming you i agreed with what you were saying. so my apologies if it was taken the wrong way by you. :cool:

[quote name='travelgrammy']Why do you have to be in a certain people group to like classic soul? I thought you just needed to have good taste....[/quote]

My thoughts excatly, I am not the one that made the comment nor started the thread I asked a question as a result from all the other posters refering to a par grp of people...

This is off topic for what you all have been discussing about this particular cruise but I did notice that several posters here said they were on this cruise. My question is: did any of you notice if they did the On Deck for a Cure walk for breast cancer on this cruise? Thanks for any info.

[quote name='Virgin_cruiser2007']My thoughts excatly, I am not the one that made the comment nor started the thread I asked a question as a result from all the other posters refering to a par grp of people...[/quote]

Ok, I'm confused, as I was responding to your own assumption that "lovers of soul music" was code for a particular race/people group.

[quote name='travelgrammy']Ok, I'm confused, as I was responding to your own assumption that "lovers of soul music" was code for a particular race/people group.[/quote]

AGAIN... I am going to say this and then I am done with it... I do not get into the drama thing.. Going back to the first post was a post about a certain grp that was on the cruise, after that post there were several other post asking about the particular grp and why was grp used in "grp" after that there were other post asking if there was a certain ethinic (which was called out) of people they were speaking of.. after that there were several post of racial talk, my QUESTION was.. IS THIS POST SPEAKING OF A PARTICULAR RACE because if it is this crucial on this board that people would actually go there then I would end my visits on this board.. AGAIN I did not make any assumptions!!!!!!!! the comment of it being a certain race was already there! AGAIN I did not write this post I did not start the racial comments I did not assume that only certain races like soul music that was put out there LONG before I asked my QUESTION!! so no that was not my assumption and I never said that... I am per say the ethnic background of 90% of the race that just so happen to love soul music, BUT when a race was thrown out there WHICH IS THE REASON I ASKED MY QUESTION that just made me wonder if that is what was trying to be said. it was after that it was explained what grp they were speaking of I never said anything about soul lovers, The reason I asked is because that is what was being said in the other post. I used that post to reply from because the racial remarks had been made and that was a post from the person that explained what they were really talking about HOWEVER from reading previous post and racial remarks from those post I was asking was i wrong or was I reading it right! What I posted was a question not a statment!! :rolleyes:

Please do not feel the need to respond!!!! Its done its over, the original poster stated that was not what they were trying to say. My original question was answered. but its whateva, it was never that crucial just a question from reading other post...

And again Go Noles I was not directing what I was saying to you i was asking if I was reading that right and if that is what was really being said....:cool:

[quote name='Rural11']This is off topic for what you all have been discussing about this particular cruise but I did notice that several posters here said they were on this cruise. My question is: did any of you notice if they did the On Deck for a Cure walk for breast cancer on this cruise? Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they didn't have the "On Deck for a Cure" walk. I think I would have noticed that since mother & grandmother died of breast cancer.

[quote name='beverland']Samdel,

I have to agree with you. This cruise was just OK. The ship was overrun with a huge "[B]group[/B]" - the ship was filled to capacity and there were lines EVERYWHERE! and.....people breaking in lines everywhere!!

Plenty of room around the pool - no problems getting chairs and we LOVED the slide.

Embarkation and debarkation were extremely LONG! We had a flight to catch and were in the 31 Group. They were debarking Group 25 at 10:00. Had been told we would be off the ship by 9:30 and not to worry about changing groups - well, needless to say, we should have changed. Finally, we just decided to go along with the 25 Group. I think we finally got in the cab for the airport around 11:00ish.

I totally understand about the itinerary change - "Act of God". I think the Captain and crew handled the change extremely well. I had no complaints in the Hurricane department - just the chance you take when sailing in September.

We are cruising Celebration in December for a 5 day cruise with my family for Christmas, but I won't be sailing Carnival again for a long cruise, especially 8 days. This was the first cruise I have been on where I can say I was ready to leave the ship.

Want more info, just ask.[/quote]

Less tolerance for certain people makes everything else seem worse. When you go a ship that holds 3000 people the whole ship is one huge group. It is what it is. Maybe you should cruise on Seabourn or Crystal.

[quote name='Mikel1733']Those seniors are ruining everyones fun:D[/quote]

Mike
Are you talking about high school seniors? :confused: I myself as well as DH are 'seniors' and I personally don't think we bother anyone. :mad: If you live long enough, you'll be a senior someday also! So there! :D
Luv's Crusin'

[quote=Luv's Crusin';11644566]Mike
Are you talking about high school seniors? :confused: I myself as well as DH are 'seniors' and I personally don't think we bother anyone. :mad: If you live long enough, you'll be a senior someday also! So there! :D
Luv's Crusin'[/quote]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]LOL . . . the first thing I noticed when I became a senior is how [B][SIZE=4]youth is so often wasted on the young[/SIZE][/B]. :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Archived