Back To Back Cruise Question

KAYEF

After doing many cruises, I just signed up for a back-to-back.............

Can someone tell us how this works? :confused:

We will most likely have to change cabins due to the "last minute" signup.

Do we have to disembark and go through the check-in line for the second cruise or can we do that at the Purser's Desk and just stay on?

Never thought I'd be asking such a question; guess I should be glad, huh?:)

Thanks for your advice.

Oh, this will be a Holland America cruise if that makes a difference.

Hello,

My DW and I did a B2B to Alaska (on HAL's Volendam) in July of 2007. We put together 2 (7 days each ) cruises from Vancouver to Seward and then back to Vancouver.

I can only tell you about our experience, as it is my understanding that each HAL ship/ports has different procedures regarding B2B passengers.

We had a same cabin each way. If you need to change cabins, a cabin steward will help pack up and move your luggage to the other cabin. Toward the end of the first cruise the Maitre D asked us if we wanted the same table for dinner or wanted another table.

The Purser's desk (HAL calls this the Front Office) will keep you informed as to the procedures you are to follow. We were issued new ship's cards at the completion of our first cruise. This allowed us to get off and on the ship for the second cruise. It is really very easy and no hassle whatsoever.

It was great to stay on the ship for another 7 days while most passengers went home. The B2B was a wonderful experience, and hopefully we will do this again next summer.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

After doing many cruises, I just signed up for a back-to-back.............

Can someone tell us how this works? :confused:

We will most likely have to change cabins due to the "last minute" signup.

Do we have to disembark and go through the check-in line for the second cruise or can we do that at the Purser's Desk and just stay on?

Never thought I'd be asking such a question; guess I should be glad, huh?:)

Thanks for your advice.

Oh, this will be a Holland America cruise if that makes a difference.

You will not have to disembark but you are free to do so.

On Princess, they give you the cruise card for the second cruise the last night of the first one, so you do not have to check in again. If you get off the ship at theat port, you use the first cruise card when getting off and the new one to re-board. You do not have to go thru chek in again.

On RCI about 11:30 they walk you from the purser's desk back thru customs and to get a new sea pass card. We also are changing cabins. New booking thru a different TA so we have to change cabins. We just added a cheapie leg to get another cruise credit.

Supposedly most people get a letter during the week with the procedures about half way thru, but not everyone gets the letter, depends on if they have you marked for the B2B.

Im leaving in a couple of weeks for our B2B, yippee.

Archived