If Not Hal, Which Cruise Line?

jazzsea

After 7 HAL cruises, we tried Princess this summer. Loved it. Was a little more casual, big, huge ship, wonderful suite & great service. Picked the Golden because of the itinerary. Will be back on HAL in the spring.

Let's suppose you are planning a cruise and it cannot be on Holland America. Which cruise line would you like to try? And because it is Friday, money is no object. Which cruise line and why?

O-o-o-o. That's a toughie. Money no object? I do like the sound of that so let's get thinking here.

It's easier to know what lines I don't want to book. Carnival, NCL, Disney, and Princess are definitely out; probably RCL, too. I might be willing to give Cunard another try; perhaps I was just too young for their style when I sailed that line.

I'd be back at the begining of time researching the various lines to determine atmosphere, demographic, food and entertainment. Certainly I'd be looking at Celebrity, Crystal, and Seabourn as they appear to have a refined atmosphere.

I'd also look at Oceania for their smaller ships, and possibly a cruise on the Marco Polo for itinerary.

Radisson. Tried Crystal - wasn't that impressed :rolleyes: . I've done Radisson twice, leaving for #3 next week - superb - much better than HAL - service, food, everything. And considering the No Tippiing ALLOWED policy along with most booze free, prices are actually comparable if you find one on sale.

Or possibly, I'd go back to the QM2, and since it's money-no-object, Queen's Grill Royal suite (at around $8000 a day per couple :eek: ).

I'll vote for Silversea also, the Whisper or the Shadow. If you find a 50% discount sailing and remember that all your booze is free, then you might even find out it's cheaper than S on Holland.

Plus no photographers!

I would cruise on Celebrity, Radisson, and Cunard. :)

If money truly were no option, cruise-life would be REAL interesting. I've tried convincing God that I could do a lot more for Him if He were to make me a multimillionaire ... I'm still waiting for a reply. :D

If money were no object, my first choice would be QM2. Then I'd also like to try Raddison. But on my current budget, I sail HAL and Princess. I would like to give Celebrity a try for comparison. So many ships ... so little time (and $$$$.) ;)

I've been thinking all day, every since I posted this question. Which one would I choose? I've sailed on all the cruise lines except Disney, Seabourn and Silver Seas. I loved Radisson for the cabins but thought the guests were a little snooty. I hated NCL and thought the cabins way too small on RCL. I've sailed on Marco Polo and loved the itineraries. Ship was okay, but it is much older than I care for. I love Windstar to pieces. Princess ships are too big. So, I suppose I would choose Crystal. I liked the Oceania Insignia but wasn't crazy about the staff. Food was yummy, yummy, though.

The best vacation I have ever had was on a B2B Wind Surf last March.

Archived