Would like LAX advice

UGA Fan

We will be arriving at the San Pedro port after our cruise from Alaska. We have rented a car from Hertz at the LAX for the day before we fly out the next day. I would like to know what is the best way to get from the port to the LAX rental car agency.

Thanks.

The fastest would be to take a cab, which will cost about $65 including the tip. The cheapest would be a shared van such as Prime Time or SuperShuttle, but be prepared to wait until passengers with flights are dropped at their terminals or other passengers are dropped off at their homes.

Enterprise does have an office at the pier and you can drop the car at LAX for about a $25 drop charge. The office does close at noon on Sundays, though.

Another option is to use a private car. We did that when we arrived in San Pedro. The price will be close to that of a taxi. We used excucar. They are part of supershuttle. If you go to the supershuttle web site and look for the one in Los Angeles then you can also find excucar. The nice thing about that is that you can have the car waiting for you.

Keith

Usually Hertz and Budget do not have drop-off charges, and Budget has an office not too far from the cruise terminal (I didn't check to see if they're open on Sunday, though, since we were renting in conjunction with Thursday departure) with pick-up service; that office code is LG2. If that office doesn't work, it's a cheaper taxi to Long Beach airport than it is to LAX, and then you would have the car in case some of your sights of interest are between Long Beach and LAX.

Usually Hertz and Budget do not have drop-off charges, and Budget has an office not too far from the cruise terminal (I didn't check to see if they're open on Sunday, though, since we were renting in conjunction with Thursday departure) with pick-up service; that office code is LG2. If that office doesn't work, it's a cheaper taxi to Long Beach airport than it is to LAX, and then you would have the car in case some of your sights of interest are between Long Beach and LAX.

We already have a car rented with Hertz at the LAX since we will be flying out of there the next day. Do you think that they would send a car to pick us up at the port? I hadn't thought about that but that would be nice but I am sure doubtful that they do.

I will also check the supershuttle web site to see what they have.

I just wanted a quick and cheaper way of getting to the Hertz rental car place at the LAX.

I am opened for suggestions of how others have done this. I need to have everything all planned out since we are leaving next Thur. to fly to Vancouver.

Thanks for everybody's advice.:)

We already have a car rented with Hertz at the LAX since we will be flying out of there the next day. Do you think that they would send a car to pick us up at the port? I hadn't thought about that but that would be nice but I am sure doubtful that they do.

I just wanted a quick and cheaper way of getting to the Hertz rental car place at the LAX.

Thanks for everybody's advice.:)

I'm suggesting you see if you can switch to pick up your car at Long Beach for the same or cheaper. I don't think they would take you from San Pedro all the way to LAX...it is quite a ways. But it's worth asking; the worst they can do is say, "no."

Archived