Cabin location on Navigator

VeroSue

This is my first message ever so please bear with me. I am thinking about booking a category A-B Penthouse Suite on the June 2008 sailing from Rome to Turkey on the Navigator but am a bit confused after reading so many messages about cabin location - is this a good spot or will it be noisy from the pool area or the spa and beauty salon. I would appreciate any advice before confirming with agent. Thanks.

As you may already be aware, the Penthouse suites on the Navigator are exactly the same size and configuration as balcony suites on other decks. You do have a butler with the Penthouse, however, many of us question whether this is worth the increased cost since your Stewardess gives just about the same excellent service (less the appetizers delivered to your suite in the afternoon).

I was also cautioned about the amount of "movement" and vibration when the seas are a bit rough. We took the advice and stayed in a suite on deck 8 (slightly forward of mid-ship). It was perfect -- no vibration -- did not get seasick -- very comfortable.

Just wanted to share our experience. . . the Navigator is a wonderful ship. . . have a great cruise!:)

Given the lack of true size difference generally in suites on this ship (until you get to the REAL senior suites) our favorites are actually the odd numbered suites on deck 6, which are category E. They used to be category F, but I guess Regent heard how many of us liked them and decided to capitalize on that situation. They are quiet, convenient, have balconies, and are totally vibration free. Do not, however, confuse these with the EVEN numbered suite on deck six. They are fine, if you first understand that they have no balcony, and that their windows overlook a 15 foot wide service deck instead of the ocean.

In summary, in booking the Navigator, I just can't find a reason to upgrade beyond the category E odd-numbered suites on deck 6.

Archived