Tell The Truth...please Respond!!!

CGTNORMANDIE

Black Tie optional means just that - formal black tie is optional as are long gowns. If one chooses not to wear formal attire then a nice suit and cocktail dress are completely appropriate. I do think that is what Celebrity implies in their definition of formal attire. If they didn't define it as including suits then one should wear black tie but they do define it in their dresscode.

I don't care what other people wear even though I'm likely to follow the dresscode. It's certainly nothing to be disappointed about.

I'm a little confused. Past Celebrity cruisers have told me you MAY wear shorts on a port day for breakfast and lunch in the dining room, but the literature says NEVER in the dining room. I don't want to be turned away (yes, I know we could go to the buffet instead), but also don't want to change clothes for an 8:30 a.m. shore excursion in a hot, muggy climate.

Please advise. We are on the Summit Panama Canal cruise 11/15.

I have to agree with 'The Nerd'.To arrive late,or be improperly dressed is in my opinion rude to the extreme.It should be the Maitre d's problem, but, he may loose a tip. Bottom line, in my opinion those who attempt to test the 'Rules' are

like little children,trying to find out what they can get away with. They should be treated as such. john taylor

:) Just returned from the worst cruise of our life aboard the Carnival Victory. The dress code was a joke. Some idiot's on formal night in shorts and t-shirts. Why have a dress code if it's not inforced. We were very disapointed with Carnival in many areas. Looking forward to our cruise on the Millennium in April. Our first with Celebrity and our first with concierge service.

A great good morning dear CC members

Just back from an extended Canadian Thanksgiving holiday. Wow, the thread keeps going.

Well, ABoatNerd is not a troll, I have been cruising since 1989, and patronized Celebrity since 1992. The dining situation (late arrivers 2 nights in a row and jeans and T shirt on formal night) I described earlier in this thread on my Millie cruise did occur. Oh yes, I am female, not male like some posts inferred.

If a person will not speak up about individuals who are flaunting the "rules" - then I wonder will these same people be able to summon the will and courage to defend themselves against crime and inconsiderate behavior elsewhere. Not.

Hi There Danno, XSnobber

A Good And Safe Sailing To All

ABoatNerd

XSnob

Archived