???about Explorer

misha1

Hello everyone, we are sailing on Explorer this November and I have visited the "Everything Explorer" thread but could not finsih it. I need just a few questions answered.

1. How much time should be allowed to travel from midtown Manhattan to the cruise ship pier in NJ. We want to arrive around noon I think.

2. How much time will it take to get to LaGaurdia upon disembarkation?

3. May one make Portafino reservations on line or do we have to do it on the ship?

4. What is the dining schedule... ie casual, formal, etc. for the 7 night Bermuda cruise?

Thanks, Julie

Can only help you with the Portofino portion.

Book asap after boarding. They will probably be closed when you first baord Explorer but you can either phone from your stateroom and leave a message or drop by in person as soon as they open.

The reservation book fills faster than you might think....

Happy Cruising,

Alan

PS...our first cruise ever was on Explorer. Amazing experience, and now we're hooked.

Hello everyone, we are sailing on Explorer this November and I have visited the "Everything Explorer" thread but could not finsih it. I need just a few questions answered.

1. How much time should be allowed to travel from midtown Manhattan to the cruise ship pier in NJ. We want to arrive around noon I think.

3. May one make Portafino reservations on line or do we have to do it on the ship?

4. What is the dining schedule... ie casual, formal, etc. for the 7 night Bermuda cruise?

Thanks, Julie

We just concluded a trip on Explorer, so I hope this is helpful...

1. How are you traveling - car or public transportation? If car, allow one hour. (of course, it all depends on traffic).

2. Approximately, 60-90 minutes, again depending on traffic.

3. Do it as soon as you board. On the second day, all reservations were gone.

4. Probably two formal nights, the rest casual.

Yogi

What day of the week will you be going? If it's a Sunday you should be ok but during the week who knows. Why not shoot for 10 am (we got there at 10:30 and were on board eating by 12:30)?

Again, it depends on the day of the week and IF anything is going on in NY.

We will be cruising Nov. 4th...a Sunday. We are planning, at least at this time, to book a limo through our concierge at our hotel to take us to the ship and probably just use a cab to take us to the airport. When you all say "book Portafino as soon as you're board"...where do we go to attend to this? We have only sailed Celebrity and there was usually 3 casual, 2 formals and 2 semi-formal. No semi-formal on RCCL? Just trying to figure out the wardrobe thing. One other thing we always enjoyed on Celebrity was a martini and some sushi before dinner. Is there any of this fare on RCCL EOS. Once again, thanks for any info you can provide. Julie

We will be cruising Nov. 4th...a Sunday. We are planning, at least at this time, to book a limo through our concierge at our hotel to take us to the ship and probably just use a cab to take us to the airport. When you all say "book Portafino as soon as you're board"...where do we go to attend to this? We have only sailed Celebrity and there was usually 3 casual, 2 formals and 2 semi-formal. No semi-formal on RCCL? Just trying to figure out the wardrobe thing. One other thing we always enjoyed on Celebrity was a martini and some sushi before dinner. Is there any of this fare on RCCL EOS. Once again, thanks for any info you can provide. Julie

The best thing is to go to Portofino's soon after you board (Deck 11, next to the Windjammer).

RCCL does not have semi-formal. Sometimes they will use the term "smart casual."

You will have no problem getting a martini. I would suggest the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 14

Archived