Hotel near Charing Cross ...

Depends how far away from Charing Cross you'd be prepared to go, and when you're coming, and how far ahead you book.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the hotels within easy walking distance (ie no further than the Covent Garden Hotel): Hilton Trafalgar, Thistle Charing Cross, Strand Palace, Savoy, One Aldwych, Waldorf, St Martin's Lane, Royal Horseguards, Citadines Trafalgar Square. And there will be more that I can't think of straight away.

You'll want to have a look at each of these to see what sort of rates they'll be charging for when you want to come, although I think that $200 per room per night is pretty optimistic - you'll frequently be looking at £200+ per room per night at many of these.

The Club Quaters at Trafalgar Square is also known as The Grand at Trafalgar Square. I will be staying there in two weeks before I depart from Dover. The rate was really good and I sprung for the room with the kitchenette.

You do not need to be a club member. I was going to book through an online agent but got a better rate going right through the hotel website, http://www.thegrandattrafalgarsquare.com.

Archived