Sitka: Busting at the seams with whales and I was LOVING it!

BirmanCrazy

Just got off the Radiance of the Seas. I didn't see any whales til we hit Sitka. We took a tour with Davey on his Esther G and there were humpback whales all over Sitka sound. At one point there were 5 whales around us . Lots of Moms and their calves. Davey also found a grey whale for us too! Also saw 4 Humpbacks when sailing away from Sitka. What a marvelous day! :) I did see one breach...DH was jealous because he missed it. He only saw the splash.

Just got off the Radiance of the Seas. I didn't see any whales til we hit Sitka. We took a tour with Davey on his Esther G and there were humpback whales all over Sitka sound. At one point there were 5 whales around us . Lots of Moms and their calves. Davey also found a grey whale for us too! Also saw 4 Humpbacks when sailing away from Sitka. What a marvelous day! :) I did see one breach...DH was jealous because he missed it. He only saw the splash.

Sounds like my husband! He was supposed to be taking a picture of the humpback in Juneau and was watching the orcas when the whale breached! He swung around and got the splash!

We saw lots of whales on our tour with Captain Davey a few weeks ago--fantastic! Lots of flukes, but no breach (that was my only disappointment). There were six on our tour--all from Cruise Critic. :)

I took more than 2,000 photos on our trip--about 200 are posted online (link in my signature) and include our time in Sitka.

Glad you had such a great time!

Cheers!

Jayne

Archived