cabin selection

r5etter

I recently had to switch cruises from a Panama Canal trip on the Summit in

Dec. 2007 to a Panama Canal trip on the Millenium in April 2008 (unexpected surgery). My question is since this is a "last minute" change, our choice of staterooms is limited. We, and another couple, have on hold CC balcony rooms 9153 and 9124.

I've heard cons about being the sky deck having noise problems by its location under the resort deck. Also, are all the balconies under total shade on the sky deck - is there a overhang from the resort deck that blocks out the sun???

Has anyone been in these two rooms? And if so, what is your honest opinion of them - pros and cons welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Joann

Was last on the Summit in April 2006 room 9141, we found that there was a lot of noise at night from the staff moving around wagons and cleaning up for the morning. We are booked on Summit 10/26 and booked our cabin one deck down.

The overhead blocks the sun part of the day depending where you are either port or starboard. at noon the deck is shaded and the cool breeze is welcome.

Enjoy your cruise:

Fran & BobN

Hello, and thanks for the reply to my questions. Unfortunately, the only cc balcony rooms available are on the sky deck, so I guess we will have to make do. Maybe I can put my name on a wait list for room availability should it become available, on the panorama deck. I appreciate your reply.

Joann

Hello, and thanks for the reply to my questions. Unfortunately, the only cc balcony rooms available are on the sky deck, so I guess we will have to make do. Maybe I can put my name on a wait list for room availability should it become available, on the panorama deck. I appreciate your reply.

Joann

I recently had to switch cruises from a Panama Canal trip on the Summit in

Dec. 2007 to a Panama Canal trip on the Millenium in April 2008 (unexpected surgery). My question is since this is a "last minute" change, our choice of staterooms is limited. We, and another couple, have on hold CC balcony rooms 9153 and 9124.

I've heard cons about being the sky deck having noise problems by its location under the resort deck. Also, are all the balconies under total shade on the sky deck - is there a overhang from the resort deck that blocks out the sun???

Has anyone been in these two rooms? And if so, what is your honest opinion of them - pros and cons welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Joann

We sailed in CC 9127 on westbound Panama Canal cruise in December 2005 on Summit.

We enjoyed the nice shade from the hot sun that the overhang provided. In April, the sun will be hotter than our December cruise.

The overhang varies by cabin as the buffet seating above has sections that jut out. Looks like those two may not be under one of these sections and will be a little more exposed above. There will still be some overhead cover, just not hear as much as ones under these sections. These sections will still be on either side of your cabin though, and provide shade when the sun is in that direction.

The buffet seating above these cabins is carpeted and you should not have any noise problem.

They are in a good central location near aft elevator/stairs which makes for easy access to deck 10 buffet, deck 4 & 5 main dining, deck 10 aft patio, deck 3 cinema.

My opinion is they are excellent cabins in a good location.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived