Children allowed in Pinnacle Grill?

AnneBonney

:D This reminds me of a story.

When my children were little, we would eat with my husbands mother at a restaurant about once a week. My children always wanted to know about dessert because they typically didn't get any at home. I would tell the children that if they ate their dinner, they could get dessert. They would then whine and squirm, making it difficult to carry on a conversation. This went on for every meal!

Finally, my MIL said "why don't you let them have their dessert first?" Well, I was not about to argue with her, so we let the children have their dessert before dinner. It worked! :eek: Once they had their dessert, they calmed down, ate their meal and were a delight!

Whe we only had my oldest daughter (the picky eater) one of our favorite restaurants didn't have anything she would eat (she was about 2 at the time). We would feed her before we went and just let her order a huge piece of cake...it would last her the whole meal and we could all enjoy the meal.

Luckily she has expanded her horizons somewhat, and our youngest will eat almost anything (her favorite is sushi).

Dede....this is so true....we have been to many nice restaurants in our area, the parents just seem oblivious to the fact that their children are running about, misbehaving, they just ignore them. I also see it in stores, where the children are running wild, the parents let them do as they please. If parents teach their children correctly, I don't see why they cannot eat in the Pinnacle. I love kids, but I find it extremely disturbing to dine with them.....when they act like animals.....& I blame the parents....when our children were little, I educated them correctly how to behave in public places.

Lynne:)

I have also seen parents ignore their children's behavior in restaurants and stores. They act like they don't belong to them and allow them to just run wild while they are busy eating and talkng.

Dinner in the PG can and often does last 2-2.5 hours. That's a long time for most children to behave like little adults. Some do. Most revert to being who they are; children. Most would be happier in CLub HAL or with a baby sitter, getting ice cream.

What you may want to consider is arranging for a babbysitter through the front desk for the time you go to the Pinnacle. I have not had young children for a long time and am not sure of the current policies so you may have your TA contact HAL Hqs and see if this is available.

That will allow you to really relax and enjoy your meal and not have the child sit in a seat for 2-2 1/2 hrs.

I am not negative against kids in the pinacle just offering an alternative solution.

Have a great cruise...

Ruth & Jim

I don't think she was looking for another solution or our opinions about whether kids should be allowed in the PG at all, only if they were allowed by HAL. This was our experience on the Noordam a few weeks ago.

We have similar children, 3 and 8, both girls. The first very picky, the other, well, sushi works just fine. We ate in the dining room most nights, but on our last night we went to the PG. Since the girls were really into the chicken nuggets, they said that if they ordered off the kids menu, they would not charge them the extra $30 for the meal, so that made it more reasonable. That night, we were docked in Victoria and the PG was VERY quiet that night! Our kids picked up on that and were quiet as well. Halfway or so through dinner an older couple got up to leave but came in the other direction towards us just to tell us what a great job we were doing as parents and complimented the children as well. The kids were very pleased as we always do something special for them when they get unsolicited comments from strangers.

Take your girls, it will be a wonderful experience for all of you!

I don't think she was looking for another solution or our opinions about whether kids should be allowed in the PG at all, only if they were allowed by HAL.

Thanks Seattle Mom!

And thanks to everyone else as well. I'm going back and forth on this -- I would love to have a quiet romantic dinner with my husband, but he is active duty military doctor currently deployed so I hate to deprive my girls of any time with him since they will not have seen him for several months when this cruise happens (and I would hate to have him miss out on a PG dinner).

Decisions, decisions.

Well that sure does put things into perspective, doesn't it?!!

Bless you and your husband and your precious children.

Go on your cruise and have the most wonderful time. Don't stress too much about Pinnacle. Do what feels right to you at the time. Make the reservation in case you decide you want all of you to go. You can always cancel!

Many thanks to your husband and all of you for what you do for the rest of us!

We've only ever done the Disney Cruise where the "pay" restaurant was adults only. Are children (and of course by this I mean polite, well mannered, know how to use a knife and fork properly, elegantly dressed, and ever so quiet children) allowed in the Pinnacle Grill?

Thanks!

Answer YES>

And thanks to everyone else as well. I'm going back and forth on this -- I would love to have a quiet romantic dinner with my husband, but he is active duty military doctor currently deployed so I hate to deprive my girls of any time with him since they will not have seen him for several months when this cruise happens (and I would hate to have him miss out on a PG dinner).

That indeed puts a different spin on things, and makes me change my recommendation to not taking your kids to the Pinnacle! You'll have lots of time on the cruise to spend together as a family, but you've been deprived of your husband just as long as your kids have been deprived of their dad. I'd say to enjoy that romantic meal, because couple time is vitally important too.

I can see where you are coming from and why you asked about the children now.

Why don't you just delay the answer until you see how the cruise is going?

If you thing a good romantic dinner will work do it. If you think time with the kids is more important do that.

What I am saying is flow with the situation as it comes around.

I am retired military and did a lot of deployments so have a good idea with what you are going through. Try to relax and enjoy the cruise and let things be what they may ....

Ruth & Jim

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, etc.

I've convinced my parents to come along on the trip -- they'll watch the kiddies....

I'm having me a romantic dinner with my hubby!:D

What a great solution! Enjoy that dinner and the cruise.

Archived