Just Back From Our Princess Cruise

CruiseKidz

Hello Everyone,

Just got back yesterday from our 3 weeks in Europe, including 12 nights on the new Emerald Princess. The ship is amazing, 3100 passengers 1200 crew(got those figures of a mug I won on the generation game on board, well, they don't do karaoke!!!). Passengers 60% USA, 30% Canadian and the other 10% includes us, Kiwis and Europeans, some spanish (my kids got a new spanish friend, a 7 year old girl with a 10 year old brother as translator. I probably committed every Princess cardinal sin, leaving the kids in the kiddie club while we went ashore (check that one out on the family forum, I'd need the fire brigade), ordering room service for a corkscrew without tipping a US$ and the list goes on... The ship is amazing we had a balcony cabin (sorry stateroom) on Riviera deck 14, midship, one floor down from the pools and cafeteria.We brought our binnoculars and the views were great. We used our balcony alot we ate breakfast on it half the time, and had a few drinks each night, for the four of us it was great extra space.The food is unreal, we had anytime dining, ate in the dining room about half the time when we couldn't be bothered getting dressed up the cafeterias were just as good, kids got a routine happening, when we picked them up from the kiddie club (when we remembered) down to the pool for sailaway a coke and Pizza on deck with their friends. There was an onboard commentary leaving port each day on the open decks which was very interesting. The best being the sail up the canal into Venice last Friday afternoon.

The captain is Irish, I felt right at home with his reports over the tannoy, didn't get an invite up to the bridge too many of our USA friends in front of me in the queue!!

We met a lovely aussie couple off CC from NSW who had a great sense of humour, we had dinner together one night.

We stayed 4 nights in Rome pre cruise and 3 post in Venice.

All up it was a great trip we really chilled out on the cruise, the ports were awsome we have some great pics and memories on video.

Hi..Welcome home.

I want an in depth review please...with photo's!! (And not on the princess boards either!!) I really, really, really want to hear all about your cruise cardinal sins:D If you do yours on the Emerald, I will do mine on the Golden in December!!LOL!!

Cheers

Kaz

And I'll do mine on the Rhapsody of the Sea's....I think we should be allowed to post them on this thread so us Aussies get the Aussie perspective on the oversea's ships...and lets face it more and more are coming here to cruise. Pretty please grovel grovel.....cardinal sins are great fun:D cheers shiona

And I'll do mine on the Rhapsody of the Sea's....I think we should be allowed to post them on this thread so us Aussies get the Aussie perspective on the oversea's ships...and lets face it more and more are coming here to cruise. Pretty please grovel grovel.....cardinal sins are great fun:D cheers shiona

Hi Bargerbill, Love to hear your review as well of Rapsody of the Seas...

I agree is is great to get an Aussies perspective of these cruises..

Cheers!

Iesha

Hi Bargerbill, Love to hear your review as well of Rapsody of the Seas...

I agree is is great to get an Aussies perspective of these cruises..

Cheers!

Iesha

Oh crud, just saw my typo - very sorry...meant to say BadgerBill...doh...horribly embarrassing!!

Hmm okay, well i'd be curious how the bookings would go on a ship titled that!!! ha ha ha

Thanks Geoff

Hey Geoff thats got to be specialty cruising......mmmm sounds like a fun cruise........secretly peeping at the people secretly peeping at the people secretly peeping at the people..not that i know anything about it of course i dont secretly peep at anyone...i blatantly stare.........lol......think i'll leave it there....cheers shiona

Well... that certainly sheds new light on booking a cabin with unobstructed views... ha (Maybe a porthole into the neighbours cabin on voyeur of the seas??)

I'm off to do my third Princess cruise in a couple of months (Caribbean this time) and definitely agree that Aussies are in the minority onboard. The passengers are mostly Americans who are amazed that you would fly so far to go on a cruise!!! (Its only 15 hours... or so.... to the States???!!!)

My cruise is on the Emerald, so I'd love to read a review from CruiseKidz and maybe some pictures!!!!

Happy cruising everyone!

Nicole

Sun Princess - July 2004 - Alaska

Diamond Princess - Sept 2006 - Mexican Riviera

Emerald Princess - Feb 2008 - Southern Caribbean

Hey Geoff thats got to be specialty cruising......mmmm sounds like a fun cruise........secretly peeping at the people secretly peeping at the people secretly peeping at the people..not that i know anything about it of course i dont secretly peep at anyone...i blatantly stare.........lol......think i'll leave it there....cheers shiona

I know where you are coming from - maybe they will bring this ship to Oz instead.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived