Am I right or not

AZ TRAVEL

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep who told me that a 1A guarantee will never be upgraded to anything higher than a 1A. I mentioned that I read the cruise critic message boards and know people have been upgraded higher. He said it does not happen. So I want to ask if anyone out there has been upgraded from 1A before.

Either way I will be happy with my 1A on Elation in Jan;)

If you want an upgrade you need to book an IS gurantee which is an inside gurantee not a 1a.

I have booked an IS gty on my last three cruises and have been upgraded each time (OV on Main, OV on Riviera & IS on upper)

The 1A rooms are upper lower berth rooms (bunk beds).

I'm surprised your PVP didn't point you in the right direction of what you are looking for!!

If you got an 1a I would definitely call them back and switch it to an IS gurantee which gurantees you will get a category 4A (IS on Riviera deck) or better!!

I've booked 1A's quite a few times, and I've always been upgraded. The only time that I haven't been upgraded is when I requested a specific cabin. Even then, I was once upgraded without my consent (I had one of those special 1A cabins with the 2 huge windows).

Joanne

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep who told me that a 1A guarantee will never be upgraded to anything higher than a 1A. I mentioned that I read the cruise critic message boards and know people have been upgraded higher. He said it does not happen. So I want to ask if anyone out there has been upgraded from 1A before.

I think it used to happen more often because they had the 1A guarantee price under the IS guarantee price. Now they are the same price on my cruise. Maybe yours is different.

I dont hold out much hope of an upgrade, the 1As are not selling very well on my Jan 08 date.

Never say never, if she told you never....????

I think it used to happen more often because they had the 1A guarantee price under the IS guarantee price. Now they are the same price on my cruise. Maybe yours is different.

I dont hold out much hope of an upgrade, the 1As are not selling very well on my Jan 08 date.

Never say never, if she told you never....????

Jan 08 is a while off, I would bet those 1A's will be gone by Turkey Day.

If you want an upgrade you need to book an IS gurantee which is an inside gurantee not a 1a.

I have booked an IS gty on my last three cruises and have been upgraded each time (OV on Main, OV on Riviera & IS on upper)

The 1A rooms are upper lower berth rooms (bunk beds).

I'm surprised your PVP didn't point you in the right direction of what you are looking for!!

If you got an 1a I would definitely call them back and switch it to an IS gurantee which gurantees you will get a category 4A (IS on Riviera deck) or better!!

After reading these boards it doesn't surprise me at all. It seems they know less than most people who post on here.

I read a post the other day from somebody cruising the Glory this weekend that was supposed to go to Costa Maya. The person called a PVP and asked about the new itinerary for the cruise. Was told they are still going to Costa Maya.:rolleyes:

Bill

Just don't book a specific cabin. Guarantee means exactly that. You are guaranteed a cabin in the category that you book BUT you can be upgraded on a case by case basis - depending on how many are booked, ship, sail date, etc...

So YES - you can get upgraded. You would be surprised how much the PVP don't know - or should I say you shouldn't be surprised.

Archived