Dining- can it get better?

swigso

I have read some recent posts regarding the service issues in the main restaurant. The general concensus is that this is an area where AZ can improve and whilst the food is good the service perhaps needs some fine tuning.

I just wonder if after the period when Journey is no longer fulfilling Horizon itineries and with the introduction of the Quest that AZ may copy Oceania and do away with the charge for the speciality restaurants.

Is there anyone out there that has any thoughts on this?

I have read some recent posts regarding the service issues in the main restaurant. The general concensus is that this is an area where AZ can improve and whilst the food is good the service perhaps needs some fine tuning.

I just wonder if after the period when Journey is no longer fulfilling Horizon itineries and with the introduction of the Quest that AZ may copy Oceania and do away with the charge for the speciality restaurants.

Is there anyone out there that has any thoughts on this?

Hi Swigso !

As I have said a number of times, it would be a wise choice for Azamara to end the charge for Specialty Dining. It would be one of the ways to clear up the logjam in the Main Dining Room, which in turn, would help the service issues get resolved.

I have a feeling that changes are ahead, as Azamara is not taking ANY Specialty Dining reservations for Quest at this time. I sincerely hope it happens after Journey's Bermuda season. Time will tell.

Previously discussed under another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisequeen and big daddy viewpost.gif

It is possible that one of the factors influencing the success of Azamara "open seating" is that they CHARGE for specialty dining (one or two comps aside) and Oceania does NOT so the balance of passengers gets spread over all of the dining areas and makes for a smoother operation, whereas the main dining room on Azamara will have more demand when the specialty venues are PAY AS YOU GO.

I suggest that it's not just possible but VERY MUCH a matter of Oceania NOT charging for choices of dining venues. If Azamara is at all aiming for competitiveness in this market segment, optional dining WITHOUT EXTRA CHARGES would move it closer in contention with O. Certainly, that would make the dining choices truly 'open seating' in any of the major dining venues and alleviate the pressure on the main dining room.

Let's trust that these comments and suggestions 'get through' to the Azamara Management in time for the longer cruises.

One way to improve your service levels it to identify a server who is attentive and otherwise enjoyable. Get her/his name & station. At subsequent meals, ask to be seated in their area. You can then build a relationship.

Nancy V.

Previously discussed under another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisequeen and big daddy viewpost.gif

It is possible that one of the factors influencing the success of Azamara "open seating" is that they CHARGE for specialty dining (one or two comps aside) and Oceania does NOT so the balance of passengers gets spread over all of the dining areas and makes for a smoother operation, whereas the main dining room on Azamara will have more demand when the specialty venues are PAY AS YOU GO.

I suggest that it's not just possible but VERY MUCH a matter of Oceania NOT charging for choices of dining venues. If Azamara is at all aiming for competitiveness in this market segment, optional dining WITHOUT EXTRA CHARGES would move it closer in contention with O. Certainly, that would make the dining choices truly 'open seating' in any of the major dining venues and alleviate the pressure on the main dining room.

Let's trust that these comments and suggestions 'get through' to the Azamara Management in time for the longer cruises.

Not all managment reads the posts like the main man at Oceania does, and immediate action taken and he's a C C member and answers posts! These differences is why they are so sucessful (but they still have problems with their front office and getting info!):D

For the price difference between Azamara/Celebrity and Oceania, you could eat in the specialty restaurant every night. Either you pay upfront or pay as you eat.

Maybe, but most people will not do the math. They will, however, notice and remember the below standard service in the dining room due to overcrowding.

Archived