Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

on today's episode of 'Really Big Things', Matt Rogers visited the shipyard and had a tour of the Solstice. Not sure how long ago it was filmed, the module with the two outdoor pools was still not installed.

has anyone figured out how to tell which bed/sofa layout their cabin will have? We have 2 diff cruises booked & would prefer the couch nearer to the balcony but seems no one will be able to tell until folks actually get on board....

One of our cabins is a slanted "bump/hump" cabin (shaped like a parallelogram ) so I hope that is not going to be a problem--we are paying an extra category premium for it but have no idea what to expect????

I am also surprised that there are so many cabins available on Solstice--esp for Jan 09--usually they sell out quickly....it's a new ship but guess the itin is not that exciting...

Hi hcat,

We have no idea which we have. We'd been told they alternate but I don't know if that literally means one, then the other, or not.

It's fun to imagine what this great new ship will be like.

Thanks for the offer--

we manage with the other configuration when we sail on Royal carib Radiance Class but just like having the couch nearer to the balcony & the bed closer to the bathroom...since we have two diff cabins booked for our upcoming Solstice cruises ,we'll know about those--guess there will someday be a thread where we will have them posted!

has anyone figured out how to tell which bed/sofa layout their cabin will have? We have 2 diff cruises booked & would prefer the couch nearer to the balcony but seems no one will be able to tell until folks actually get on board....

One of our cabins is a slanted "bump/hump" cabin (shaped like a parallelogram ) so I hope that is not going to be a problem--we are paying an extra category premium for it but have no idea what to expect????

I am also surprised that there are so many cabins available on Solstice--esp for Jan 09--usually they sell out quickly....it's a new ship but guess the itin is not that exciting...

Jan 9th????? The sailing is the 4th....

Meyerwerft didn't send me a reply to my e-mail, but they did post a message that the shipyard webcam will be replaced. See:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

The webcam is still not replaced. There were a few other times the picture was not updated on time, but this is the longest we have ever waited. I'll keep checking and post it ASAP.

Bonnie

The webcam is still not replaced. There were a few other times the picture was not updated on time, but this is the longest we have ever waited. I'll keep checking and post it ASAP.

Bonnie

Maybe they're installing a cool feature and don't want it to get out? Do we know for sure that all the features of Solstice have been revealed?

Maybe they're installing a cool feature and don't want it to get out? Do we know for sure that all the features of Solstice have been revealed?

Hi Schplinky! I just checked out your profile....it doesn't say anything about being retired...when do you find the time to do all the website stuff and everything else? btw...the website is awesome!

Maureen

Hi Schplinky! I just checked out your profile....it doesn't say anything about being retired...when do you find the time to do all the website stuff and everything else? btw...the website is awesome!

Maureen

My partner Mike does the web-site. I'm just an obsessive poster who squeezes it all in between meetings.

My partner Mike does the web-site. I'm just an obsessive poster who squeezes it all in between meetings.

10,000 + posts in between meetings!!! wow...I guess that is a little obsessive lol!

10,000 + posts in between meetings!!! wow...I guess that is a little obsessive lol!

I think not. The cruise bug just hasn't hit you as badly, yet. :)

Do you suppose that maybe, just maybe on our Dec 14th cruise on this new beautiful ship that everyone eating in the gorgeous dining room that everyone could just this once follow the dress code for the 7 days? Think how beautiful everyone would look and how much fun we could have.

Joann

Judging from the postings in a very recent thread about the dress code on X ships, I wouldn't hold out much hope, although it's a great wish. It seems that there are too many people out there that insist that because X prices its cruises in the same range as the other mass market brands (including its sister co. RCCL), and those other brands don't have such a strict dress code (give me a break), then they shouldn't have to abide by the code on X ships either.

HEY, no one is saying to these people that they MUST bring suits/fancy dresses on an X cruise - there IS the casual dining option! The great irony is that so many people will skip the main dining room for other reasons on some nights (wanted to eat earlier/later, etc.), yet on the "formal" night(s), or "informal" night(s), they're going to dine in the main dining room, with no jacket or tie, because that's where they feel like eating.

I SO wish that X's maitre d's would strictly enforce the dress code, for the benefit of the great majority of us who DO abide by it! :rolleyes:

I'm still smitten by the cruising bug and love everything about it! Dining, dressing up, traditional seating in the dining room, etc. It's my only opportunity to really dress up. The only part I don't like is lugging all the luggage around to get to the ship.

Do you suppose that maybe, just maybe on our Dec 14th cruise on this new beautiful ship that everyone eating in the gorgeous dining room that everyone could just this once follow the dress code for the 7 days?
That can only be answered with part of your question..... "maybe, just maybe". :rolleyes:

ticker.php?pic=3djkyapyk6c5bqpx

Do you suppose that maybe, just maybe on our Dec 14th cruise on this new beautiful ship that everyone eating in the gorgeous dining room that everyone could just this once follow the dress code for the 7 days?

Little chance.

But, I would think you would do much better two weeks later on our NYE cruise!

Archived