Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

With regards to those that said that they are showing a bottle of wine or a $125 onboard credit, you could have been put into a group and those are the amenities being offered. Princess has been having Cruise Sales recently for groups and those are typical amenities during a sale. It works out great for you.. very lucky...ENJOY!!!

When booking directly w/Princess I never heard of Princess putting you "into a Group" with extra amenities??? or are you relating this to a specific TA's Group booking??

Thanks for the info.

Doing my part in keeping this on top....waiting anxiously for the first to actually get the luggage! Should be soon.............

Princess has a policy of putting new bookings into a group if one exists on the cruise through your Travel Agents Agency. As far as booking directly with Princess, I do not know if they do this as well. You can look at your Booking Confirmation at the top, where it says "Group Name" to see if there is anything there. If so, you have been put into a group and will be entitled to the amenities of that group. Also, in the Polar Online Booking Confirmation, it may say "Booking has a gift" under important notes.

I hope this makes sense:)

When booking directly w/Princess I never heard of Princess putting you "into a Group" with extra amenities??? or are you relating this to a specific TA's Group booking??

Thanks for the info.

Doing my part in keeping this on top....waiting anxiously for the first to actually get the luggage! Should be soon.............

So far I haven't heard of one person who has actually gotten the piece of luggage. We are sailing in 2 weeks, what do you bet we won't have ours either. Normally I could care less, but I bought DH 2 pieces for Christmas as we needed some new stuff. Now we have 2 peices of blue sansonite to use and a huge bright red something else. We do have a good size, nylong duffle bag with millions of compartments: I think we will use it and forget the bright red jobby...Oh well, maybe it will come someday.

Nita

Who gets the luggage and who doesn't? So far with 3 Princess cruises I have gotten nothing but my stateroom. No perks that I can see. The cocktail paries are a joke. By the time you get thru the line the drinks, etc. are gone.

Princess has a policy of putting new bookings into a group if one exists on the cruise through your Travel Agents Agency. As far as booking directly with Princess, I do not know if they do this as well. You can look at your Booking Confirmation at the top, where it says "Group Name" to see if there is anything there. If so, you have been put into a group and will be entitled to the amenities of that group. Also, in the Polar Online Booking Confirmation, it may say "Booking has a gift" under important notes.

I hope this makes sense:)

If you booked thru a TA - how would you NOT KNOW that you are booked in her 'group' - the price should tell you at least, if the TA doesn't.....A group booking cruisefare is always lower than a single booking....isn't it??

PS - I always book thru a TA into her 'group'....I never saw this notice on my Princess Capt. Circle Booking Confirmation.....I'm going to look right now!

If your TA's agency has a group booking on your sailing and there are any cabins left, you can be booked into the group at group rates and get all of the applicable amenities. If there are not any cabins left, you can still book at the Early Booking Discount rate and you will also be added into the group for amenities. Looking at my confirmation for my September cruise, for which my agency's consortium has a group, the group name is in the upper left hand corner.

The confirmation does not, however, tell you any amenities that you may be getting except, perhaps, OBC. The only way to find out what amenities there are is to have your TA look at it on Polar Online on the special services page(s).

• 5 weeks later...

I was still wondering, with all these posts for the free luggage on Princess-has anyone really gotten it yet? My paperwork also says we will be receiving the luggage and our trip is fast approaching. Just wondering if this is for real? Thanks!

2 years ago we booked a trip on a Charter out of Vancouver, Canada to Puerto Vallarta. It had one of those deals that for cost of shipping ($25.00) you got a new set of luggage. Everone on that flight must have got the new luggage because on the turnstyle at the airport all you could see was the same black luggage everywhere. Made it difficult to find your own. Don't forget to mark it so you can pick it out fast.

• 2 weeks later...

we just received our samsonite luggage from Princess for the promo they offered us back in Sept 2007 for our cruise in Jan 2008. Unfortunately the "$365 value" luggage came from samsonite with a $97.50 price tag already attached to it. Not only is Princess lying about the value of the promotion I feel it's borderline illegal advertising. I plan to call them next after this post to see what they say, but I'm not expecting much.

On top of this, I bought a couple of pieces of art on board and received a $100 spa gift certificate towards a $199 spa treatment. My wife took the treatment and while looking at the menu of spa treatments afterwards found that the same treatment was offered at $119. When she confronted them with the discrepancies they tried to come up with all kinds of excuses but none made sense other then the gift certificate was prettly much worhtless and the spa treatment not much better.

This was our second cruise with princess, probably our last. I find that other cruise lines are doing a much better and a much more honest job.

We are in the process of looking for our Feb 09 cruise. IF Princess is reading this.......We don't want luggage, we don't want those useless coupon books, we don't want a certificate for the spa, bottle of wine,,,whatever. We just want the best price possible on our cruise. And stop sending those brochures that offer up sale prices that our on line agent laughs about.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone receive both On board credit and luggage?

When I booked my cruise, TA stated OBC but not the Samsonite Luggage.

There were no special promotions mentioned.

Now, under my Personalizer I noticed that there's something about luggage.

Not to sure what this means.

That means you will be receiving the luggage. If you get an OBC, it will be listed as well.

On my special services, it says Im getting luggage, but take a guess when it will be delivered? When Im on my cruise and no one is here to receive it.

I had my TA call Princess to ask them why would they send me luggage after Ive gone on my cruise. Alot of good it does me:rolleyes: I also asked could they give me an OBC instead of the luggage.

The answer: No to OBC and "we are very backlogged in getting out the luggage, sorry for the inconvenience"

That means you will be receiving the luggage. If you get an OBC, it will be listed as well.

On my special services, it says Im getting luggage, but take a guess when it will be delivered? When Im on my cruise and no one is here to receive it.

I had my TA call Princess to ask them why would they send me luggage after Ive gone on my cruise. Alot of good it does me:rolleyes: I also asked could they give me an OBC instead of the luggage.

The answer: No to OBC and "we are very backlogged in getting out the luggage, sorry for the inconvenience"

Great!

Nice surprise.

Why to go Princess :)

Has anyone receive both On board credit and luggage?

When I booked my cruise, TA stated OBC but not the Samsonite Luggage.

There were no special promotions mentioned.

Now, under my Personalizer I noticed that there's something about luggage.

Not to sure what this means.

I too was originally told you could not have BOTH the ('GOLDMINE' $100 ) OBC Promo AND the Luggage Promo

I asked (thru my TA) and was able to SWITCH to the 'GOLDMINE' Promo OBC instead of the Luggage

We are a family of 16 (8 Cabins) cruising together - only 6 on our Family recieved these Promo oferrs. - 2 switched to the 'GOLDMINE' @$100 pp (Mini-suite Cabin) - 2 switched to the 'GOLDINE' @ $75 pp (Inside cabin) & 2 others of our Group chose to receive the Luggage - the rest of our group did not receive the offers.

FYI, in our case, the 'GOLDMINE' $100 OBC was in addition to OBC given by the TA, Princess Share the Wealth & Referral Rewards.

I read postings that some had BOTH the 'GOLDMINE' OBC and the Luggage honored by Princess. I'm not sure if they had any other OBC on their accounts and actually realized which was which.

Both of these Promos were oferred at random and had numbered ID's listed in the Capt. Circle Acct.

At $365 price - the Luggage Promo was a Winner , BUT I understand the price really is $97.50 - Just a 'wash' after all.......... :mad:

We haven't received ours yet.

GottoCruise ~~

On my TA booking receipt it states - Guests received $50.00pp On Board Credit from Cruiseline.

On my Circle Savings Account I only see $25.

Under My Special Service luggage is listed.

Are you telling me I am not entitled to both? :confused:

Between the Promotional offers and daily mailings from Princess - it's hard to keep up with everything??

Who's getting the FREE Luggage??

Who's getting the $25 SBC for late brochures??

Whos getting the $75-$100 Promotional Campaign SBC???

Who's getting it ALL ?? ;)

All this for booking before Nov. 30 - some until Nov. 30 2008 !!!

Anyone doing Re-Bookings to comply?????

The T/A's must be going nuts - this is one time it might have been better to book direct???

JMHO - Renee:D

Well its certainly not any one in the United Kingdom:mad:

Okay... read through this whole thread and logged onto my and DH circle savings account. We each show an onboard credit of $75, in additon to our FCC's. There isn't any numbered promo beside the $75. Is that the "mystery onboard credit", that has been talked about... yes? BTW, I did print out the page.

GottoCruise ~~

On my TA booking receipt it states - Guests received $50.00pp On Board Credit from Cruiseline.

On my Circle Savings Account I only see $25.

Under My Special Service luggage is listed.

Are you telling me I am not entitled to both? :confused:

Usualy I see OBC for only (1) Pax on the Capt. Circle accounts but get the $25 (or more) for BOTH of us.

If you have the Luggage listed under Special Service - you will get the Luggage! (Do you EACH have the Luggage listed?? If so, you are lucky - Princess said in our case, only (1) Luggage per CABIN))

As far as the "Guests received $50.00pp On Board Credit from Cruiseline." - I have no idea what that is for ??? maybe FCC OBC credit??? Maybe a special Princess credit for booking within certain parameters??? You should ask your TA - since he/she put it on your invoice.

My TA always lists the OBC and what/where it came from. (TA's group?, FCC? Princess Promo? etc. etc.)

Good Luck whatever - and Happy cruising................:D

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Usualy I see OBC for only (1) Pax on the Capt. Circle accounts but get the $25 (or more) for BOTH of us.

If you have the Luggage listed under Special Service - you will get the Luggage! (Do you EACH have the Luggage listed?? If so, you are lucky - Princess said in our case, only (1) Luggage per CABIN))

Renee ~~

Thanks for all your help.

There are 2 luggages - separated.

Chris

:)

For the people who have gotten the T0000068 promotion applied, did Princess give only the person in which the cruise personalizer the credit, or did both passengers in the cabin get the credit? In the past, these types of promotions were pp for a double occupancy cabin, but the Princess rep is telling us that only the person who received the promo in their cruise personalizer gets the credit--that it is not pp. So that is all that was applied to our booking.

Is this everyone else's experience, or is it being applied as a pp promo? I was trying to decide whether I should call back to Princess and ask to speak to another rep. (This is a direct booking with Princess).

Interesting as I was on the Caribbean 3 night my own cabin and received the $25 ship board credit, then was on the following 4 night cruise with a freind and I received the $25 ship board credit again, but not my friend. I did not even ask why I got the credit. A free drink is a free drink no need to ask :)

Archived