All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Trock, The Captain was Andrea Volpi. I'm not sure how long he has been on the Miracle. I can certainly see that you are skeptical about what I have written, but I have to tell you, we were very shocked ourselves; I have been on over 40 cruises and have never encountered something like this before. What makes you think no one else heard this comment???

Maybe that Spaghetti bender didn't really understand what he said. It may have got lost in translation. I'm Italian my grandfather had a hard time with English

It was special K and we were sticking up for her but, the crowd got really mean....

I honestly don't remember the Capt calling anyone a "sucker" . infact, he spoke really well and he was directly address all of those that were being inconsiderate and not tipping their waiters and the room stewards. He kept everyone up to date every day and things were always posted in the atrium lobby with updates. Infact, when we got on the ship we were handed a paper stating that our itinerary would possibly be changing...so they all knew from the moment they stepped foot on the ship that there might be a possibility that it could change.....

Moral of this story....don't book during hurricane season if you really want to see your ports.

Laura:)

Hahaha. I received my ever so proud SHIP on a Stick. It was during the adult pool games.

And I was expecting something more fun when they said adult pool games. LOL. Instead it was guys vs girls in Synchronized swimming. And us guys won.

I guess it helped Special K gave us a routine!

Infact, when we got on the ship we were handed a paper stating that our itinerary would possibly be changing...so they all knew from the moment they stepped foot on the ship that there might be a possibility that it could change.....

Moral of this story....don't book during hurricane season if you really want to see your ports.

Really! I am sure those will still say that this was not good enough and Carnival should have called them directly at home! :rolleyes: Thanks for the info!

I for one will not be upset if we do not make a certain port! I know what might happen - Hurricane Noel sailed with us last year!

Yea - I know...we have done it before but, I have never seen this kind of behaviour....it was really sad...

Thank you for a rational and and eloquent perspective... What a shame.. Glad you were able to still have a good time

:)

Tho we have cruised during "hurricane season" every year from NY we have always been lucky to never miss a port (knock wood for 2 weeks and 2 days! :eek: ) I am not sure what my reaction would be, but I would NEVER act like the above cruisers. I always advize friends to pick a SHIP during H season vs ports since you never know where you might end up. If you like the ship, that is one up if you miss a port. I am absolutely appalled hearing about these cruiser's behavior on this sailing. :mad: Maybe if they went to one of the poorer islands and saw the squallid conditions the natives lived in, and still had smiles on their faces, hope for the future, and thanked God they actually had a ROOF over their heads, they would appreciate that no matter where they cruised to, they COULD still have the vacation of a lifetime. Just MHO. I think it's time for all of us that are privileged to go on a cruise to remember to be thankful for what we HAVE and put aside what we DON'T or CAN'T have.

Yes Brent is still the cruise director.....they had so many activities do! I have to admit I am a ship on a stick winner!!!! Infact our entire group one them for something!! GO SHIPS ON A STICK!!!!

PS. if you have no idea what i am talking about you will after your cruise!

Have been following this thread for a year! You guys are great!

This will be my third Carnival cruise(just a few weeks now!) and second time on Miracle..(Eastern Carribean)..as I stated in another thread..was got an upsell :D to a deck 6-Empress balcony..6293..aft (not wrap or extended) for our cruise.

I know nothing about balconies on Carnival. (both other times had inside or OV....Riviera and Main)...and ALWAYS midship...

Got some info on original thread..but thought you guys would know it all!

Just looking for any input from the Miracle experts...noise,vibration,motion, and general info on balcony..shade?. size?. privacy..etc.

Though, I am kind of a veteran cruiser...a balcony is new to me !!

thanks for any help...;)

Just looking for any input from the Miracle experts...noise,vibration,motion, and general info on balcony..shade?. size?. privacy..etc.

Though, I am kind of a veteran cruiser...a balcony is new to me !!

thanks for any help...;)

shade--no it will be warm out there- No ocean breezes like a side balcony will get. Keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

Privacy? The dividers are angled- the people next to you can see into your balcony. The people above will be able to see you only if you are standing at the railing?

Noise? I didnt experience any of that.

Vibration/shuddering you might get that when pulling into or leaving aport.

your cabin:

283577025xCvlQF_th.jpg

your view:

283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

your balcony:

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Can someone please tell me where the irons are located on the Miracle? We are in the AFT on the Panorama deck . . . is there a launderette located on our floor?

Check this site...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/miracle.php

Go to the section on the right side of the page titled "cabin details by deck" and click on any deck. A page will pop up that lists the details of every cabin on that deck. At the very top of the page is the location of laundry facilities and vending, if any, on that particular deck.

Hello, my husband and I are going on the Miracle 9/22 with our sons, ages 3 and 5. I understand Club Carnival has different hours each day. As I understand it, you pick your kids up for lunch and dinner on sea days and on port days, they have extended hours? I want to make reservations for Nick & Nora's but don't really know when we'll be able to have the boys in camp...and if so, can they ever eat dinner there or will we need to get them fed beforehand? And for port days, what are the hours? We're considering doing an excursion on our own but can't really plan w/out knowing more specific times. I've gotten bits and pieces but still don't have the full picture. Any additional info would be very appreciated!!

:confused:

Anna

I forget the exact day hours as I put my DD in only when her & her friends wanted to during the day, but I used them every night...they do feed the kids every night at 6 on the lido buffet. You could also go to the buffet & feed your kids if you didn't want the chicken nugget pizza thing & then put them in the camp....babysitting sitting until 3am!!! So you can go to Nick&Nora's! Have a great time...Miracle is a BLAST!!

Could someone please help answer this for me? I have tried the search two different nights, and like quite often, it is "temporarily down".

Anyway, Carnival has a ship sponsored tour in Costa rica, something like aerial and zip lne. Has anybody ever done this through Carnival? How did you like it?

I took the canopy zipline tour when on the Miracle last November and it was lots of fun and quite a thrill. Do you have a specific question about it? if so, let me know.

Did you do it with Carnival? How much did it costs? If you were to do it again, wold you try to book with Carnival again, or privately?

Thanks, enjoyinglife

I did it with Carnival, sorry don't remember how much it costs, I'm guessing it was in the $125 range but I may be way off. I would do it again with Carnival as long as the ship's schedule remains the same.

The tour involves a long drive to and from the rainforest and we barely made it back on time but knew the ship was waiting. It would have been too risky to do it with an independent tour company and cut it that close.

I have a friend that did it privately on another Carnival cruise and they used a different location that was closer to port but it was a much, much shorter, and less exciting canopy ride so IMHO that's not worth it.

The tour guide was very nice and friendly, we got to do a nature hike before the zipline and it was all very well organized.

They take a picture of you of each person that you can choose to purchase (very affordable, like $10, compare to the same at a Disney park!)

231924118_ziplining2.jpg.50cdc363be7913177615e3dafa2f05e0.jpg

Archived