All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I did it with Carnival, sorry don't remember how much it costs, I'm guessing it was in the $125 range but I may be way off. I would do it again with Carnival as long as the ship's schedule remains the same.

The tour involves a long drive to and from the rainforest and we barely made it back on time but knew the ship was waiting. It would have been too risky to do it with an independent tour company and cut it that close.

I have a friend that did it privately on another Carnival cruise and they used a different location that was closer to port but it was a much, much shorter, and less exciting canopy ride so IMHO that's not worth it.

The tour guide was very nice and friendly, we got to do a nature hike before the zipline and it was all very well organized.

They take a picture of you of each person that you can choose to purchase (very affordable, like $10, compare to the same at a Disney park!)

thanks, that is what I needed to hear!

As I understand it, you pick your kids up for lunch and dinner on sea days and on port days, they have extended hours? I want to make reservations for Nick & Nora's but don't really know when we'll be able to have the boys in camp...and if so, can they ever eat dinner there or will we need to get them fed beforehand And for port days, what are the hours? We're considering doing an excursion on our own but can't really plan w/out knowing more specific times. I've ?gotten bits and pieces but still don't have the full picture. Any additional info would be very appreciated!!

:confused:

Anna

camp is closed from noon til 2 most days. Closed from 5-7 on some days- formal nights ir will take the kids in at 5:30 and feed them-- its their coke tail party.

Camp fees start at 10pm and costs 6.00 for the 1st child 5 .00 for the 2nd child in the same family.

port times for camps are different depending on the port- Most times the camps want you to pick up the kids by noon-- BUT if you are on a ships excursion will keep the kid longer.

Is there any difference between booking a 8A guarantee and a BL guarantee on the Miracle???

depends really-- I would take an 8A guarantee- that way you are guarantee NOT to get the obstructed 7A with booking a BL.

People will argue that you wont get the 7A by booking a BL guarantee-- but reading the cabin selection section tells me otherwise.

I will tell you that it is rare that it happens but it still does. Even at less then 1% chance-- If I wouldnt want an obstructed view I would make sure I wouldnt get one.

If your agent tells you that you wont get the 7A-- get it in writing before you book it

On our first cruise in 2006 we tried to book the supper club on the day of embarkation and was told they did not serve on the first day.

Again we boarded the Miracle in 2007 on Christmas Dec 24th and again requested the supper club for embarkation. Since it was Christmas Eve they were hoping to serve in the supper club. We booked a reservation but received a message later in the day that they did not have enough reservations and would not be serving in the supper club that evening. Both times ended up eating in the dinning room.

Try when you board but don't count on it.

Good luck.

Does anyone know if the Supper Club is open on the day of embarkation? The day of embarkation is my husband's birthday and I would like to surprise him with a supper club reservation.

I have yet to see it opened this first day- people are taking tours of the place.

After traveling all day and spending time getting ship oriented-- You might not want to sit through a long meal the firt day onboard. You'd be more relax if you wait a day or two.

depends really-- I would take an 8A guarantee- that way you are guarantee NOT to get the obstructed 7A with booking a BL.

People will argue that you wont get the 7A by booking a BL guarantee-- but reading the cabin selection section tells me otherwise.

I will tell you that it is rare that it happens but it still does. Even at less then 1% chance-- If I wouldnt want an obstructed view I would make sure I wouldnt get one.

If your agent tells you that you wont get the 7A-- get it in writing before you book it

From what my PVP told me (in the thread I started originally about the fact that Carnival was changing cabin classifications), the 7As were going to start being included in BL guarantee, and the 1As were going to be included in IS guarantees.

Whether they's started that, and even if they have, whether they've only started it on the ships that have had the category reclassification, I don't know.

As for excursions, have you checked the specific Port of Call board for that excursion? I have a whole 14+ months to obsess over which excursions to do in Panama and Costa Rica. I truly do obsess over these things. My friends and DD call it "paralyzed with indecision." It's just part of my nature and is really rather painful at times. Once I finally make the decision, I'm fine. No second guessing. It's just getting to that point!

Brent was the CD when we were on last December and Big Sexy was the assistant. I'm surprised I remember that because I absolutely pay NO attention. I probably only know that from being on here. I truly cannot even tell you who was CD on any other cruise, not even the one I just took. I just don't attend the functions where these people appear (other than the PG party) and try to ignore the announcements as much as possible.

Some people are really into the CD, though, apparently! I'm just oblivious.

Question to those Miracle experts here:

We are on our first Carnival cruise 10/8/08 Miracle and were curious if Carnival offers a "future cruise deposit" onboard. We have sailed NCL and RCCL previously and on NCL it was something like $200. deposit made on the ship for a future cruise within 18 months and you receive $100. OBC on this cruise and $100. OBC on your next cruise and the $200 is deposit in full for your future cruise..:cool:

Hope someone here has any info on this.???..or maybe CCL doesn't offer this ???:(

Question to those Miracle experts here:

We are on our first Carnival cruise 10/8/08 Miracle and were curious if Carnival offers a "future cruise deposit" onboard. We have sailed NCL and RCCL previously and on NCL it was something like $200. deposit made on the ship for a future cruise within 18 months and you receive $100. OBC on this cruise and $100. OBC on your next cruise and the $200 is deposit in full for your future cruise..:cool:

Hope someone here has any info on this.???..or maybe CCL doesn't offer this ???:(

Not that I know of. At least, they weren't doing this when I cruised her. They are doing a trial of this on just a few ships, but as far as I know, not on the Miracle at this time.

Thanks for your replies...oh, one more question...I remember reading a while back how you could order a bottle (or two :p ) of your favorite alcohol to be delivered to your room. I searched on CCL website and couldn't find it...do they still offer this ? and if so how do I contact them...I have previously smuggled it on board ;) but really don't want to go to the trouble this time.

Last time we cruised Miracle there was television broadcast from Colorado. This was good because prime time shows were on at 10pm instead of 8pm, I don't like to miss a certain show, even on vacation.

I heard that it was from Colorado since they are digitally broadcast, but now more markets are digital, so does anyone know the current situation?

We sail in a few days.

Thanks!;)

We are sailing on Monday and I am going to miss the season premiere's of a lot of my favorite shows (Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Houswives) I am going to tape them, but wonder if they'll have them broadcast on the ship. I will have to remember to check the tv. Thanks for this tip! ;)

Thanks for your replies...oh, one more question...I remember reading a while back how you could order a bottle (or two :p ) of your favorite alcohol to be delivered to your room. I searched on CCL website and couldn't find it...do they still offer this ? and if so how do I contact them...I have previously smuggled it on board ;) but really don't want to go to the trouble this time.

No need to smuggle. Carnival allows you one bottle of wine for each person over 21, max of 2 per cabin.;) You can legally take 2 of your favorites aboard. Enjoy!

We are sailing on Monday and I am going to miss the season premiere's of a lot of my favorite shows (Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Houswives) I am going to tape them, but wonder if they'll have them broadcast on the ship. I will have to remember to check the tv. Thanks for this tip! ;)

You should. We always have had the network channels on board (Carnival). Times may be different dependng on where you are picking up the signal.

Knowing they're taping at home may keep you from being locked in your cabin.

BUT, I loved watching the finale from Survivor one year from my balcony.

No need to smuggle. Carnival allows you one bottle of wine for each person over 21, max of 2 per cabin.;) You can legally take 2 of your favorites aboard. Enjoy!

My impression was that BBTT might be talking about a bottle of something other than wine.

Archived