HAL Wish Lists.......

sail7seas

You creative people..... GREAT ideas!

I'd like an HAL navy 'couch blanket'..... abouot 72" long with white HAL logo.

Small to medium size prints of HAL ships suitable for framing.

HAL padded place mats/napkins.

Napkin rings with HAL logo.

Flip flops with HAL logo....... they used to sell them and DH still has about 3 or 4 pairs. Perfect for the pool.

I'm a Christmas Ornament person, and am a real sucker for the souvenir ones. I love the travel memories that pop up as we decorate our tree. I've never seen them in the ship's shops - but would sure love to.

Great idea, GmaPajama! Twice a year, we go to innkeeping resorts at many of the larger beautiful resorts in New England...and whenever I can find a Christmas ornament in their gift shops, I buy one. I love taking them out at Christmas as a reminder of our travels.

The closest I've come is finding ornaments throughout the Caribbean...I'm all for a HAL ornament!

Holland America egg cups. I collect egg cups, and have some fine Dutch specimens in my collection; several of them are Delft. Most of the Dutch egg cups are now made in Indonesia.

I saw HAL egg cups on my first cruise in 2001 - didn't buy one and now I regret it.

Roz

Do a saved search for one on ebay, Roz! I'll bet you'll find it sooner or later!

Great idea, Innlady. Thanks!

Besides egg cups, I'm also into ornaments...have enough to decorate 3 trees :D , but can always use another one. I've seen ornaments in the shops on Alaskan and Caribbean cruises, but not one that is HAL specific or has an image of a ship on it.

Roz

These ideas are great!:)

Brian, I think you should leave brokerage compliance and find a new job with HAL marketing. You have a lot of talent that is crying to be used:)

Thanks MAM---

Meanwhile, I've figured out how to pay for my next cruise:

I'll just print some more money:

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/images/money/monopoly-money-five-hundred-dollar.pdf

:D

I'm a Christmas Ornament person, and am a real sucker for the souvenir ones. I love the travel memories that pop up as we decorate our tree. I've never seen them in the ship's shops - but would sure love to.

Not exactly a logo item, but HAL has some Delft ornaments available that are quite reasonable. I picked up a couple of them on our last cruise. Since they are Delft, match my tiles, and have a Dutch theme (windmill, e.g.), they say HAL to me.

Generally I prefer items without a corporate logo unless it's a freebie. I never quite got the drift of paying big bucks to have someone else's name across my butt. I guess my age is showing!

Coach-quality handbag with small HAL logos embossed all over it.

HAL headband (Dam Sweat!)

HAL dinner chimes. (Dam AYWD.)

CD with various ship-related wav files to incorporate into your computer programs. (Ships horns, dinner chimes, fog horn, anchor dropping, the little diddy they play to get your attention prior to PA announcements, etc.)

Maybe the ladies would like a blue and white enameled ... um ... feminine hygiene product case with the HAL logo. (Never mind what it could have written on it!) ;)

HAL embossed fine leather wallet/credit card holder.

Set of collector spoons ... one for each HAL ship ... with display rack.

HAL fuzzy slippers like Jim V. has and apparently aren't available any more.

Hummel-made Rosario Strings musical ceramic figurine.

Great idea, GmaPajama! Twice a year, we go to innkeeping resorts at many of the larger beautiful resorts in New England...and whenever I can find a Christmas ornament in their gift shops, I buy one. I love taking them out at Christmas as a reminder of our travels.

The closest I've come is finding ornaments throughout the Caribbean...I'm all for a HAL ornament!

We have purchased several HAL Christmas ornaments in the form of the ship and the ships name. They are a very delicate filigree type wire. They were/are sold in the gift shop on board.

Coach-quality handbag with small HAL logos embossed all over it.

HAL headband (Dam Sweat!)

HAL dinner chimes. (Dam AYWD.)

CD with various ship-related wav files to incorporate into your computer programs. (Ships horns, dinner chimes, fog horn, anchor dropping, the little diddy they play to get your attention prior to PA announcements, etc.)

Maybe the ladies would like a blue and white enameled ... um ... feminine hygiene product case with the HAL logo. (Never mind what it could have written on it!) ;)

HAL embossed fine leather wallet/credit card holder.

Set of collector spoons ... one for each HAL ship ... with display rack.

HAL fuzzy slippers like Jim V. has and apparently aren't available any more.

Hummel-made Rosario Strings musical ceramic figurine.

Wow, Jim; these are dam fine ideas!:) What a cornucopia of brilliance we have on these boards:)

I can't wait for the new HAL HOLIDAY CATALOGUE to come out with the marvelous merchandise mentioned throughout this thread!:)

Karin

Archived