Cancel cruise air and book my own?

NCTribeFan

Forgive me if this has been addressed recently (and I'm guessing it has), but I couldn't find a thread.

I'm sailing on Carnival Miracle out of Ft Lauderdale on 12/17. I booked through Priority Club Cruises so I get 6,000 hotel points. Price was same as through Carnival and I was upgraded to an 8G (extended balcony).

I've always just booked the cruise air because I didn't want to be bothered with transfers, etc. But then I found this board!

Now I'm convinced I need to fly down on Sunday (the day before) and should book my own air.

I found flights on Delta that will save me enough to pay for the 1 night at a decent hotel that provides airport and cruise shuttles (not 4* but good enough, per various threads here).

Final payment date is 10/3. I just called my salesperson at Priority and left him a voicemail. He won't be in until Monday.

Am I correct that I have up until the final payment date of 10/3 to make this change without any penalty?

Thanks! Love these boards!!!

We always book our own airfare as it is so much cheaper and we can pick the exact flights we want and usually can go ahead and pick the seats, depending on the airline. I would hope you could change before the final date without any penalty, but I'm not sure about your travel agency's policies. Good luck!

Archived