Relax worry warts !!... we made it

SouthAussie100

HUUULLLLLOOOOOOO FFRRROOOOMMM TTTHHHAAAIILLLAAANNNDD !!

Apologies for shouting but I'm so far away I thought it was the only way to get your attention ! !

Needless to say, Geoff was right (again :rolleyes: ) and we were still at home when we turned on the morning news to see the plane crash into Phuket. those poor people ! Needless to say, the Sherry clan were suddenly less excitied about the long plane ride into the same place.:(

The 5 tribe members got organised and on the plane in Adelaide with a fair degree of niggling of each other (especially having to sit so close together in the ute !). We basically flew straight through to Singapore, only an hour wait then direct into Phuket. Having survived the flights, the taxi van driver was like a man possessed setting new land speed records between the airport and Patong where the lovely Novotel Resort is situated. I had forgotten about the road rules in Phuket. Basically there aren't any :eek:

The Novotel is up on a hill and was not affected at all by the 2004 Tsunami. You need to be part mountain goat to survive this resort as moving from anywhere to anywhere within the grounds involves at least 30 steps. (should have done those Cliffs of Jonkin steps in training damn it !!...definitely a missed opportunity to warm up the calves !!)

I just had a quick flick through the threads and see there has been plenty of comings and goings and lots to catch up on so...while the squirrel is still peddling to keep the internet connection here alive I might have a read through and catch up on the goss...hope all the CC family is well !

Kaz, I wasn't sure what time 4pm was there compared to 4pm here so I started the cocktail menu about 2pm here and finished up around 7ish just to be sure :D

ps..shoesandhandbags I think I've found your mecca !!!!

luv yus

ness

xxx

Ness,

Glad your clan is enjoying another holiday.:rolleyes:

When I woke that morning I did have a brief "oh Sh*t" moment, before reading your last post.

Are you from Australia? .... you buy nice safari suit...very nice...very cheap.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived