Other Sections of CC.....??

sail7seas

The only time I read others boards is if we are cruising that line. I like to get a feel and some hints for the ship we will be cruising on. I also will read and post to that board when we return to give other potential cruisers an insight into our trip. I however, would not comment on a ship that I sailed on several years ago, that would not be fair. I would not be up to date on the condition of the ship, food, etc. I sometimes see posts referring to a line that someone did 8 or 9 years ago and it really does not apply to the current ships in the fleet or the current condition (refurbishment) of the ship.

Barbara

I consider HAL to be my "home" board, but I also peruse a couple of other cruiseline boards from time to time but rarely post.

When we have a cruise booked or are considering a new itinerary, I spend a lot of time on the Ports of Call boards. The information there has proven invaluable to us and has added greatly to the enjoyment of our cruises. We have booked a number of excursions with tour operators and guides mentioned on these boards and so far have never been disappointed.

If you have a question about cruising, you can almost always find the answer on Cruise Critic or at the very least, someone to point you in the right direction.

I rarely read anything but this board and, if we have a cruise booked, the roll call for that cruise and ports of call for that cruise. We've done a couple of big group cruises on other cruiselines and prior to those did glance at those boards. I'll also look at other boards if someone mentions a thread here.

I read several threads on the HAL board every day, but do spot-check other boards: Disabled, Solo, I finally decided to participate in a roll call for my last cruise, but it turned out to be the least active in history.

Although I decided awhile ago that HAL offered what I want, I do keep an open mind and occasionally look at the boards for other lines. About the only other line that I'd be interested in (that I can afford) would be Celebrity - if they ever have reasonable single rates again.

Although I get lots of mail/email publications from other lines, the atmosphere on the CC boards for them rarely matches the tenor of their flyers.

I'm an all around poster....well, sorta. I'm here I reckon. :) I post wherever I can be helpfu (or try to be!)l. Most of the time that's on the RCI boards, Ask A Cruise Question, and First Time Cruisers. But you'll probably find me here, there, and everywhere.

I consider the HAL board my "home" board, but regularly check out and post on the Solo Cruisers, Ask a Question, and First Time Cruisers boards.

From time to time I lurk on the Celebrity board to read the comparisons between Celebrity and HAL.

Roz

Someone made a comment here the other day that they read Princess, or Celebrity, or RCI or whatever all the time and thought everyone here read the other CC boards.

I don't.

Do you?

I read "Ask a Cruise Question", VERY occassionally "Fashion" and once in a very blue moon.....like maybe twice a year, I might glance at another board.

Do you read/post on others/many others?

I've noticed you in those other sections Sail. I, too, frequent Ask a Cruise Question and First Time Cruisers. I enjoy the "generic" quality of most of the questions.

I also often wander into the boards of those lines which we are contemplating cruising.

Cheers

Mark

Who's got time for more boards! Between my roll-call threads and reading this board I have a full-time job. Still have to buy groceries and go to the gym sometime.

Whew. I'm beat. ;)

Oh, on rare occasion there's a link here to something wild and wacky on another board. Those I go over and read.

I agree 100% Ruth!!! I barely have time to keep up here, lol!!! :D

I read many other parts of the board. Although I started at this one, I spend most of my time at another cruise line's area now, mostly reading rather than posting. I enjoy it very much and learn something new about the line or ships on a regular basis. The ports-of-call section can be extremely helpful and the individual cruise line boards can also be educational. We've met some very, very nice people from the rolls calls and I still correspond privately with some of them, even several years later.

I actually started on the Celebrity boards and then went to Princess and then to HAl......Honestly, Celebrity and HAL are very similar with Princess next.....Carnival people love to "fuss"!

This was actually the order of our Cruises we were sailing on and I learned so much good info. from each board. :)

Question: Of topic but I don't seem to be able to pick up the ability to read all my past posts..........Could someone help me?

I'm with wizard-of-roz, only a little different order.

When I discovered this board, I had booked New England/Canada on Celebrity Constellation. Shortly afterwards, I booked HAL Zuiderdam Alaska Cruisetour. Then just a couple months ago, I booked Princess Med Italy/Greece. So yes, I check all their threads, as well as Alaska, Med, New England port threads. Ask a cruise question, fashion, roll calls and any other threads that may have an interesting or catching header. Once I open the website, I browse any and all that are new or sound interesting.

Wizard-of-oz - To read your past posts click on your name. Also, if you've posted in a current thread there is a little blue icon toward the right side of the subject box that shows you posted in that thread.

And to answer the thread question, I look at many boards. I find the Holland America board has less feedback then some of the other boards. Even the roll call boards do not seem to be as active as some of the other cruise line roll calls.

If your are missing the ports of call board you are missing a lot, unless you do not plan to get off the ship.

Then again, I choose my cruise because of the itinerary. I've cruised on 5 different cruise lines and I've loved every cruise.

Archived