JFK to Cape Liberty/Bayonne

davekathy

Considering flying into JFK and finding transportation to Cape Liberty/Bayonne. Has anyone did this? If so how much for a taxi? How far is it from JFK to Cape Liberty/Bayonne? Or should I fly into Newwork? Which is closer, JFK or Newwork?

fly into newark...JFK can be a little over an hour depending on traffic....Newark (NEW-erk as opposed to new-ARK which is in delaware..gotta have the proper jersey accent!! :D ) is about 20 minutes away....it is a $40 cab ride give or take 5 bucks, plus tip per cab...from JFK i think it would be maybe $60-70??? not real sure.....the roads by JFK are a mess....roads by newark are somewhat better...

The cabs from JFK are not required to take you and if they do its whatever that you and they agree to($100 is not unheard of)...EWR is much closer,,, but if you have to use JFK use a car service it will be much cheaper and less of a hassle. I use Arecibo....

By Newark a/p is have stayed in the following:

Courtyard and Residence Inn by Marriott Newark/Elizabeth

COuntry Inn & Suites Newark/Elizabeth

those 3 are on Glimcher Realty Way off exit 13A of the NJ Turnpike....(there is also an Extended stay anerica there too..but i don;t like ESAs)

there is a Ruby Tuesday adjacent to the above, as well as jersey gardens outlet mall (http://www.jerseygardens.com)

You could also try the Newark a/p Marriott...as well

all have an airport shuttle (the marriott is AT the a/p)... a cab would be about $40 to the pier.

there is nothing in Cape Liberty/bayonne...

some stay in Jersey City just across the river from manhatten....you'd have to take a taxi there or public transportation....havving never stayed in any of those places, i don't know much about the places....

unelss you have a car, there are no grocery stores nearby.

there are other hotels as well....addresses would be Route 1 & 9 Newark....most are OK but eating choices are very limited...most of the other hotels there are limited service and do not have a restaurant for dinner.....

hth

For the OP, if you can, fly into Newark. Regarding JFK, it's not so much distance that is the concern, it's the amount of time (and cost) to get from JFK to Cape Liberty.

We stayed pre-cruise in Jersey City, very nice but can be a bit pricey. We had our car so we just parked at the port, very simple and efficient.

Archived