How do you handle heat & humidity?

Sundagger

I definitely have given up a "typical" hat for a sun visor. i have lots of thick hair & it allows my head to 'breathe' a little better than a regular hat. I also carry a bandana (just a reg one) & use it to mop up sweat or get it wet & use it as a cool cloth for my face & neck. Another thing you might think about is getting clothing designed for wicking away the sweat from your body (usually workout style clothing). That might help stay cooler. Drinking lots is the biggest & best thing in my opinion.

I live in a very dry climate (often humidity in the teens or single digits), with cool temperatures (yes, Santa Fe has never gotten to 100 degrees). I love the Caribbean - lived in Puerto Rico for 3 years and have cruised there 4 times. It's the heat and humidity that drive me nuts, especially in the Southern Caribbean and Central America.

Some people go out looking cool and come back looking almost cool - I look like I've been running a marathon in the Amazon. I suspect that metabolism has something to do with it, but anyone have any tips on keeping comfortable?

We live in the Albuquerque area so I know what you mean. A few weeks ago I was cruising with my cousin who lives near the ocean in So Calif, we were doing Mexico Riv (hotter than hell) she hardly showed any wear and tear, I would being soaking every 5 miutes. If you find the answer for staying cool let me know, I don't think there is any.

Nita

Archived