No Caribbean For Princess In September, 2008?

ISABELLA

The Ruby will only do Western for 7 days and the Emerald is on 10 day sailings

Crown - Eastern

Ruby - Western

Emerald - Southern - 10 day

Grand - 14 day Caribbean

I think the first ship for Princess out of FLL is the Crown the week of Oct 5th

ancldaca-I just returned from the CB myself and this is why I have decided to go back to RCCL next Sept-sailing the Liberty of the Seas, because Princess has no ship in Ft. Lauderdale in Sept, 08. I DO hope they change this for the 09 season!! I agree-on our 9-9-07 Sailing, the CB was sold out months in advance. I sincerely hope they put any ship back in Ft. Lauderdale/Caribbean in the near future.

ancldaca-I just returned from the CB myself and this is why I have decided to go back to RCCL next Sept-sailing the Liberty of the Seas, because Princess has no ship in Ft. Lauderdale in Sept, 08. I DO hope they change this for the 09 season!! I agree-on our 9-9-07 Sailing, the CB was sold out months in advance. I sincerely hope they put any ship back in Ft. Lauderdale/Caribbean in the near future.

We are only able to cruise in the summer months and were surprised that our only option for a Caribbean cruise on Princess next August is the CB out of Brooklyn. We wanted to use our FCC before they expire, so we went ahead and booked it. Not that we're complaining - 9 days and driving instead of flying to the port are a big plus:) , but it would be nice to have more options.

I can tell you that the Sept (and Oct) Caribbean cruises were heavily discounted. In July, I received several specials to sail in Sept and Oct on the Caribbean Princess for $479 (inside) and $499 (outside).

This is compared to Europe 12 day sailings which usually go for $1600 plus pp plus the shore excursions are significantly more in Europe.

Plus, the threat of hurricanes in the Caribbean in Sept is quite great.

I think it is a wise move on Princess's part.

Well, I see the caribbean cruises more as "loss leaders" for 1st timers (sort of like the free turkey at Thanksgiving time in supermarkets). On my recent CB sailing, roughly 1/3 of the passengers were Captain's Circle, meaning 2/3 (2000 pax.) were first timers...

If I hadn't cruised before, I'd be very leary about plunking down the premiums being asked for now in Europe; especially as a first timers.

I understand the economics behind the dropp out of the Caribbean, but they have to take in consideration that the cost of us $$ against euro is not favorable, so they will loose some PAX form North America sailing in Europe. How many people will still go to Europe when it's cost 40% more just in spending money, hotels, tours plus the cost of flying.

RCCL made the same decision putting Jewel in Europe in 2007, canceling sailings from Boston this September and October. But they just have been dropping prices on Mediteranean cruises also. And they are returning Jewel back to Boston next fall. THank god! We will take Jewel to the Caribbean.

Archived