Star Princess Inside Passage

BillyMetz

OK all my great Cruise Critic fellow posters I need your opinions. I am looking at booking an Alaskan cruise late May or early Jun 08. I really like the Star Princess Inside Passage-Roundtrip from Seattle. I do not want to do the longer one way trips because a number of people I will be cruising with are very sensitive to sea sickness even with medicine. I understand the Inside Passage cruises are less likely to have as much motion except for the first day out of Seattle. We also do not have time or money for one of the longer land and cruise tours. Anyone who has been on this cruise recently please tell me your thoughts, or where I may find a review if you have done one already.

You'd be better off cruising from Vancouver, both for better scenery and probably smoother sailing. You're sailing in open ocean when leaving Seattle, as you mentioned. Unfortunately, the only roundtrip Princess has from Vancouver is the 14-day on the Tahitian Princess. Also - going in late May or early June, the Star Princess may be iced out of Tracy Arm.

You can go to the Reviews section of Cruise Critic to read about the Star Princess. 2008 will be its first year in Alaska in awhile, so there won't be any current reviews from Alaska. The Golden Princess is a sister ship to the Star Princess, and it did go to Alaska this past year.

You actually are sailing the roughest of the Alaska cruises choices with 2 sea days with a round trip Seattle cruise. Just about a given of rough sailing part of the trip. Your- "inside passage" reference is probably not what you think it is for this routing.

I would suggest you look at HAL round trip Vancouver sailings, since Princess does not do any 7 day ones. Way superior for scenic sailing and more inside passage.

Archived