Photos Westerdam Interior After Recent Changes

WeLoveCruising

I have some photos of the interior of the Westerdam after some recent changes. If you look at the deck plan, you will see that there is a new Explorations Cafe taking up part of the original Crow's Nest. The Windstar Cafe has been replaced with the Pinnacle Bar, and the old library has been reconfigured with additional higher end shops.

Enjoy!

Entrance to new shops:

2736093400102143485S600x600Q85.jpg

Mirabella Gift Shop:

2117578620102143485S600x600Q85.jpg

We were on the Westerdam in May and I would have to say that the placement of the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest, although I had my doubts, actually works pretty well. My only minor complaint is that it does waste some of the prime scenic viewing spots in the Crows Nest with computer stations.

Thanks so much for posting these! If your "source" has more, we'd love to see those as well. Wonderful!

Not having been on W'dam (or any HAL ship) in the old configuration, I'm not in a position to compare. But I'm not all that troubled by the computer stations being at the windows. Look at it this way - what an inspiring view to have at your disposal while you check your email or read the NY Times online! Not to mention listening to music while you gaze out to sea - mmmmm.:)

I agree with you - seems like a shame to block the gorgeous view!

It's not a shame for those sitting in the Explorations Cafe, posting on the internet to CruiseCritic and describing the beautiful view to us.

I wonder if the level of light/glair will cause trouble for those posting. Did HAL think about this??

You can see the Crow's Nest in the back of this shot. This is the best I have showing both spaces. I didnt take these pictures, I got them from my "source" who was on the Westerdam last week :)

Thanks, WeLoveCruising, and please thank your source, who is, if I'm guessing correctly, your husband?:)

Does your dear source have any photos of the new library configuration (you know, the area with the books?:) )

Thanks again so very much,

Karin

Wow! Thanks for the pictures! The Westerdam looks so good I practically want to book a cruise on her just so I can post to Cruise Critic from the Internet Center. What a fabulous view.

And, truth be told, I kind of got interested in those shops, too.

I like it...a lot! The old Oak Room was poorly utilized, imo. This looks like a really beautiful space. Only problem might be the glare/reflections. I'd hate to see the draperies closed, if there are any.

Archived