$50 "thank you" certificate!

39august

Unfortunately we have never received one.... and we are Diamond ++.... so a little "jealous":D

H & D . . .

You're not alone. We've never gotten one either.

Rick and Deirdra

Diamond plus here too and never a coupon. Jealous too. :p

I'm guessing they send them out to "newer" cruisers, or those who aren't diamond plus...you know, they already have US reeled in, but they are looking to reel the newcomers in even more.

We used to get them, but haven't in years. We are all Diamond Plus members.

Just an idea...?

Stacy, that sounds like it might be part of it, but we are still Platinum, won't be Diamond until after Jan, and we have never received one, so I am guessing you are right in that it might be more for the newbies or maybe even under 5 cruisers. Who knows???? I guess I will just be happy I get the balcony discounts!!!

I'm guessing they send them out to "newer" cruisers, or those who aren't diamond plus...you know, they already have US reeled in, but they are looking to reel the newcomers in even more.

Just an idea...?

I'm not too sure about that. We went with 2 other groups on our las FOS cruise, we were all Gold level, the other 2 groups received coupons in the mail and we didn't. I was bummed to the point that I called RCL asking where my coupon was. I was told that they send them randomly and that there was nothing they could do. I figured I didn't get one because I wrote about how rude the people working the explorations desk were on the survey card.

I am also a Diamond member, so that doesn't preclude you from getting the $50 coupon. Also mine says the cruise must be booked between Sept. 20, 2007 and Nov. 19, '07. So it can't be applied to a cruise I have already booked. Also the 5 mentioned cruises someone referred to are not on the coupon itself. These are under the heading of "save even more with hot deals", and there is a perforation to separate the coupon from this list of cruises.

DH and I took our first RCI cruise 4/07 on Rhapsody. Didn't know about on board credits at that time and had such a great time booked 2/28/08 cruise on Voyager a few weeks after we returned. Shortly thereafter we recived a $50 thank you coupon for dates outside of the booking dates. We contacted our TA to see if the coupon could be applied anyway; RCI required TA to send them the original coupon and credited us with it, plus $100 per person fare reduction that both TA and I found! We are really pleased, so give the coupon a try, even if it's outside of the published dates.:)

I got one of those after our 1st cruise last Nov. I had booked another cruise already before receiving the coupon and submitted it on line anyway and it was credited to us. Even though I booked prior to the date on the coupon. It's worth a try.

I just received the coupon also from my Mariner sailing on Labor Day.

I booked a cruise on 9/19 for an 11-day cruise on Empress out of San Juan on 11/19. The coupon says book between 9/20-11/19th. With that said, how did you submit it on line. I booked through an RCL agent on the phone. Thank you

Just an idea...?

Not true in our case, we are diamond... 15 cruises. We have received two certificates. I still appreciate the $50 even if I've already been reeled in!!

Just an idea...?

Another "no" to this idea. It seems to be relatively random. What we don't know is how many NON Cruise Critic members get them, and where THEY are in the C&A ranks.

I, too, am Diamond, and making a nice run at Diamond Plus. I hadn't gotten one of these since my first (maybe it was my 2nd) cruise. Suddenly, there it was in my mail last week.

Just take the money and run!

We just got one last week that referred to our June Alaska trip. We are almost Diamond + but it was a "generic" don't forget to join letter! Can't use it because we have already booked our next cruises.... If they had really mailed it right after our Alaska cruise we would have been able to use it!

thanks for clearing up my poss. theory that the survey is tied to getting the coupon...lol :) - one cruise i accidentally forgot to put the completed survey in the box on the ship and came home with it..... and did not get the $50 coupon in the mail later- after 3 cruises that i did put the survey in the box onboard, i did get the $50 coupon-

we have not been able to use the coupon yet anyway but it is a nice gesture - too bad they won't just give us obc with it if we already have other cruises with them booked- :)

I faxed the $50 certificate to RCL per the instructions last week. Does anyone know if they send EMail confirmation that they have received this, and or have rejected it? They do ask for you email address on the savings certificate. I guess I could fax again, with a note, to please confirm. I did check AMX statement, and nothing appears on it to date. Thanks for your help.

Another "no" to this idea. It seems to be relatively random. What we don't know is how many NON Cruise Critic members get them, and where THEY are in the C&A ranks.

I, too, am Diamond, and making a nice run at Diamond Plus. I hadn't gotten one of these since my first (maybe it was my 2nd) cruise. Suddenly, there it was in my mail last week.

Just take the money and run!

Neither of the two groups that received their certificates from our last cruise are cc members, only I am and I didn't receive a certificate.

Neither of the two groups that received their certificates from our last cruise are cc members, only I am and I didn't receive a certificate.
DD is a CC member and has posted a few times on her roll call but she is not a regular like I am. She is platinium.

I called RCI and was told to fax the coupon. Two days later the $50 credit appeared on the cruise I listed on the coupon. It was a cruise I originally booked last January on board the Empress - an 11 day Panama Canal Cruise departing January 21, 2008. So the coupon is not just for new bookings.

I suspect I got the coupon because I completed both the on-board and an on-line survey after a 3 day Monarch cruise in June. That was our third cruise.

I called RCI and was told to fax the coupon. Two days later the $50 credit appeared on the cruise I listed on the coupon. It was a cruise I originally booked last January on board the Empress - an 11 day Panama Canal Cruise departing January 21, 2008. So the coupon is not just for new bookings.

I suspect I got the coupon because I completed both the on-board and an on-line survey after a 3 day Monarch cruise in June. That was our third cruise.

I will pass this on to DD. I figured that she completed the comment card but not the online survey but I'm not sure.

Archived