$50 "thank you" certificate!

39august

I faxed the $50 certificate to RCL per the instructions last week. Does anyone know if they send EMail confirmation that they have received this, and or have rejected it? They do ask for you email address on the savings certificate. I guess I could fax again, with a note, to please confirm. I did check AMX statement, and nothing appears on it to date. Thanks for your help.

Do you expect to see a credit on your AMX statement?

:( Sorry to say I've never gotten one of those $50 certificates either. I always fill out the comment cards and have even taken the time to write RC thank you letters on my return. All they ever sent me was a thank you for the thank you.

Do you expect to see a credit on your AMX statement?

I think that was my question. If you fax the certificate in for $50 savings... where and how is it going to be handled? I made my final payment when I booked as it was within that time frame. I know a year ago I was lucky to get a $50 certificate, but my TA handled it for me. The $50 credit was put on my AMX card.

So... anyone know the anwer?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had two different savings certificates successfully applied to the same booking? My TA says you are limited to one per booking but I don't see this restriction on the back, and I thought there were people who have already applied two or more. Anyone?

But if you are a regular RCCL cruiser, wouldn't you normally book another cruise while on board and get something better than a $50 coupon? Or am I missing the point here? I can see if you hadn't planned on another trip, but it sounds as though some of you are "regulars" (like us:) ).

But if you are a regular RCCL cruiser, wouldn't you normally book another cruise while on board and get something better than a $50 coupon? Or am I missing the point here? I can see if you hadn't planned on another trip, but it sounds as though some of you are "regulars" (like us:) ).

I got the 200$ OBC for booking on board and I sent in the coupon I received last week and just checked my reservation and they applied it.

I got the 200$ OBC for booking on board and I sent in the coupon I received last week and just checked my reservation and they applied it.

Now that is indeed good news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I might get one someday. We plan to stay "reserved up" for future cruises. We love cruising.:D

We also received a $50 savings certificate, for our 4 day Majesty 2/2007. I applied it to our 5 day navigator in 2/2008.

We too are diamond + members and always fill out the comment card. That was the first time it ever happened to us. I was very happy to receive it.

We also received a $50 savings certificate, for our 4 day Majesty 2/2007. I applied it to our 5 day navigator in 2/2008.

We too are diamond + members and always fill out the comment card. That was the first time it ever happened to us. I was very happy to receive it.

I think it is completely random who gets them. I am a lowly gold.

But has anyone ever had two or more Savings Certificates successfully applied?

I have applied a $50 "thank you" certificate and then later attempted to apply a $65 savings certificate that came out for my specific sailing. They ended up crediting me an additional $15 (instead of $65) on top of the $50 and told me that they will only credit the largest one.

I faxed in my $50 certificate right after I received it in the mail to have it applied to a future cruise. RCL faxed me back saying that I already had a $125 member savings certificate applied to my cruise and they would only honor one certificate (the highest).

I just received a $50 credit certificate and a letter thanking me for my June Explorer cruise. I didn't know RCI still sent these, as I haven't gotten one in at least 5 years! Have to book between 9-20-07 and 11-10-07. No problemo. I will be booking a "Next Cruise" when on the Freedom Oct 14 sailing, which I was going to do anyway!

never gotten a 50 dollar thank you...how come I always miss out...maybe I was over looked and I am diamond plus:(

I have applied a $50 "thank you" certificate and then later attempted to apply a $65 savings certificate that came out for my specific sailing. They ended up crediting me an additional $15 (instead of $65) on top of the $50 and told me that they will only credit the largest one.
I faxed in my $50 certificate right after I received it in the mail to have it applied to a future cruise. RCL faxed me back saying that I already had a $125 member savings certificate applied to my cruise and they would only honor one certificate (the highest).
This is consistent with what my TA told me is RCI's policy. Oh well...:rolleyes: Thanks!

Terpnut, RC will combine most DIFFERENT discounts and OBCs, but not "same" ones. In other words, one coupon only, but you can use NextCruise option or booking onboard for an OBC, stockholder OBC, TA OBC, RCCL VISA OBC, price drops, senior discount, military discount, resident discount with that one coupon discount.

Oh, and I wanted to add: Carnival Corporation does NOT. You get one OBC. If your TA offers you $150, and you try to add stockholder's OBC, the answer is a big, fat NO. Largest OBC is applied, NO adding.

Terpnut, RC will combine most DIFFERENT discounts and OBCs, but not "same" ones. In other words, one coupon only, but you can use NextCruise option or booking onboard for an OBC, stockholder OBC, TA OBC, RCCL VISA OBC, price drops, senior discount, military discount, resident discount with that one coupon discount.

Oh, and I wanted to add: Carnival Corporation does NOT. You get one OBC. If your TA offers you $150, and you try to add stockholder's OBC, the answer is a big, fat NO. Largest OBC is applied, NO adding.

For each of our two March 2008 Panama Canal cruise bookings, we already have: $200 Shareholder Benefit OBC, $200 onboard booking OBC, $250 TA OBC, and $125 C&A Savings Certificate. I was hoping to also use my $50 Savings Certificate, but you're absolutely right that I should be grateful for what RCI's already given me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

First, you have to reserve between 11/07-1/11/08. I booked a couple of months ago with cruiseyouknow. Funny thing, the $50 is for a 3-5 day and the $25 for 7 day. I sent the TA the colde for the $50 off, thinking it was a misprint. TA came back with RCCL says that code is not valid. So, I will retry the code for the $25 credit. I hope it isn't being rejected because of the reserve dates. They always encourage you to book early, so I would feel it not fair. We'll see how it goes>>>

First, you have to reserve between 11/07-1/11/08. I booked a couple of months ago with cruiseyouknow. Funny thing, the $50 is for a 3-5 day and the $25 for 7 day. I sent the TA the colde for the $50 off, thinking it was a misprint. TA came back with RCCL says that code is not valid. So, I will retry the code for the $25 credit. I hope it isn't being rejected because of the reserve dates. They always encourage you to book early, so I would feel it not fair. We'll see how it goes>>>

I don't know, txwildflower. I think that you are looking at "fair" wrong. They give you the coupon to encourage you to book another cruise.

So, book another cruise! :) :D

Had received the thank you letter about a month ago for our Majesty sailing in July. I filed it away and forgot about it. We booked 2 weeks ago with a Florida resident special on Majesty again in January, and looking thru my papers I came upon the letter. Called C & A to see if I actually could use it and they said yes...so from the $209 rate PP deck 8 outside they now deducted another $25...where can you get a 4 night vacation for $184 with all they have to offer... woo hoo.

We have cruised with rccl three times and are booked for our fourth this Mar. We have always got these letters. I thought that it was something they did for everyone. The coupons are good on any cruise but you have to book between certain dates to use the coupon. You can not combine it with any other coupons.

We just got one from our Sept. Mariner cruise. It gives you about 2 months to book in order to be able to use it. Since we already have 3 booked and the certificate is not worthy of making another booking (much less than onboard credit for booking onboard, for instance), it is pretty useless.:(

Archived