San Diego Hotel for April 14 2008

puli

Does anyone know why there seem to be no available rooms in any moderate hotels in downtown San Diego for this date? Convention? Just too early in booking? Am I looking on the wrong web sites?

We are cruising on HAL's Ryndam the next day and want a hotel in a safe convenient location. Holiday Inns, Best Western, DaysInn, Sophia, Ramada, Hampton Inn are all not available.

My mom's Grandparents, Parents and Aunts and Uncles are from Rogue Valley.

I will look at La Pensione Hotel http://www.lapensionehotel.com/ It is in Little Italy, only about a $10 cab ride from the airport and about the same to the cruise terminal. The hotel is about $100 and if you book it directly - their 619 number you will save a few dollars.

Tom

Not a huge convention, but pretty good sized (at the downtown Convention Center): http://www.sdccc.org/eventscalendar/

AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH 4/13/2008 - 4/15/2008

Type: Convention with Trade Show

Attendance: 8,500

You might want to check out hotels and motels in Mission Valley too. It is really not very far from the pier, and easy to get cabs or shuttles.

unsure about the Ramada, but I have been to the BW Bayside and it was pretty good...definatly nice for a Best Western

Thanks, Cruiserbryce, I think BW Bayside seems to be the better place for a pre-cruise stay. I fear the Ramada, being right in the middle of the Gaslamp district, might have too much late night noise.

Archived