Queen Mary 2 Questions

CruisinConnie

My DH and I will be sailing on the Queen Mary 2 out of NYC on Sept 17th. We were wondering if there is an additional cost to dining in the King's Court restaurants.

We have never cruised on a ship this size before, and would appreciate any tips from experienced cruisers.

Thanks to all! :)

During the dinner hours, the King's Court turns into three or four different specialty restaurants. You would need to make a reservation in order to dine there. There is no charge. The dress code is the same as the other dining rooms. We did not dine there during our crossing, however I'm sure you will here from others who have. Have a good time, I wish I were going again!

There is an extra charge for dining in the Chefs Galley which is a Kings Court Restaurant. There is also an extra charge for Todd English. We dined at Todd English and loved it..we are Todd English fans and have tried several of his restaurants. We thought that the one on the QM2 was excellent and worth the cost. This was our first time on a cruise ship and we had a wonderful trip.

Never having heard of a Todd English restaurant which I assume is a chain, would someone please tell me about this restaurant, other areas that have one and what is it's appeal--does it serve any particular kind of good?

Hi all,

In regard to Todd English. Todd English is a celebrity chef. He had his own TV show and was on Iron Man Chef. He has restaurants such as Figs, Olives, etc in NYC at the W Hotel, in Las Vegas at Bellagio, in Boston, DC & a few other places. The $20. for lunch & the $30 for dinner is well worth the surcharge. His "loveletters" (a ravioli) and his fallen chocalate cake are incredible and I could make a meal of the foccacia.

I have dined in all the alternatives, except the Chef's Galley and enjoyed them all. I especially love the Italian (La Piazza). On my crossing they were empty for the first 3 days, since nobody really knew about them. No matter what you try, you won't be disappointed.

Also, be sure to try the Golden Lion Pub for pub grub at lunch. They have the best Fish & Chips....

Bon voyage.

It does cost an extra $30/person but it includes all of your wine - champagne to start plus several wines with dinner. The show is fun and they do different menus each night (one night they did the classics from Todd English including the Fallen Chocolate Cake). They are only open when the ship is at sea however so make your reservations early if you are on a trip that includes a number of ports.

The Todd English also has an extra charge but it does not include any wines. The restaurant itself is quite classy and interesting. We didn't eat there - the reviews have been pretty mixed - and the food elsewhere on the ship was pretty good.

Archived