Be Sure to Continue Checking Your Flight Itineraries

evolutiondob

Just a reminder to those of you who have purchased your airline tickets for your cruise – especially if it is well in advance of your departure date – to be sure to check your flight schedules. I purchased a Delta ticket from Washington, DC to Miami and I tend to check my flight schedule every two weeks or so. The last time I checked, Delta had me arriving in my connecting city at 9:37 p.m. when the connecting flight was scheduled to depart at 9:15 p.m. Needless to say, there was no way I would have made that. Had I not checked my itinerary, I would have found out when I landed in Atlanta the day of my flight – with two children in tow!! Of course, Delta made the necessary changes, free of charge, and I was able to actually end up with a better flight than the one I had previously booked.

So, just a gentle reminder to make sure you have checked your schedules prior to departure so you won’t have any surprises.

Definitely check! We've already had a flight changed from the original booking and we're still 90 days out. We'll still be OK time wise, but arriving later than we wanted to. We're still flying in the night before though, good thing! :)

PS-We're on American Airlines.

I booked in May for a November European cruise, I am gotten about 6 emails from the booking site with changes, & we still have 6 1/2 weeks to go. Flights are on Delta

Funny thing, I never recieved any type of notification from Delta. I would alway just independently check my itinerary.

Funny thing, I never recieved any type of notification from Delta. I would alway just independently check my itinerary.

Untied never notified us of a flight change for coming December FLL/ORD day of disembark ... I happened to be tooling around on their website and checked my itinerary. Lo and behold ... the flight number had changed and the departure time now was 8:12PM and not 4:20PM.

After conferring with Untied's call center in Bangalore, I chose to deal directly with staff at O'Hare to explore my options ... I knew my options, but I wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. I was told that if I didn't want that new flight that my only option was a re-route in the Untied system. She had yet to tell me how much more the re-route would cost me when I whipped out my credit card and told her: "Personally, ma'am, my only option is a cancel and refund." Interesting she'd not offered that as an option ... but at least I had the pleasure of making note of her name on the Untied nameplate on her shirt. Any problems with the refund showing up on my Visa, and I'll hunt down her superior.

Yes, people, I intentionally spelled the airline name incorrectly ... kinda shows what I think of them and their outsourced company.

WE GOT CAUGHT TOO...

thank you for the reminder! I haven't been reading the 'cruise air' topic too much since I was able to secure my flights about one month ago.

I know that Delta is very famous for doing this change thing, we dealt with them on our last cruise in June, several time changes, no big deals though.

this time we have 2 one-way tickets. From PIT to FLL on USAIR, returning MIA to PIT on AA.

Well, lo and behold, when I checked tonight our return flights on AA had changed from leaving at 12:45pm to 9:00PM arriving back in PIT at 11:45PM instead of 3:30PM !!!!! I am livid!

I am waiting till I can contact the other couple we are travelling with to have all my requests in order before I call AA.

At this point, there are no other non-stop flights left.

If they re-schedule my flights, we will not have to pay the difference, right?!

What do you all suggest? :confused:

Delta is the worst for changing flight times and not telling the customer. They changed my last flight to leave 75 minutes before the scheduled time 2 days before I was to fly. If I didn't check in online the night before and noticed the time change, I would have certainly missed the plane. I was mad because I had to take off work another 90 minutes early not to mention they can't email or call you. Why do they take your phone number and email address if they don't use it for anything?

Delta is the worst for changing flight times and not telling the customer. They changed my last flight to leave 75 minutes before the scheduled time 2 days before I was to fly. If I didn't check in online the night before and noticed the time change, I would have certainly missed the plane. I was mad because I had to take off work another 90 minutes early not to mention they can't email or call you. Why do they take your phone number and email address if they don't use it for anything?

i found out when i went to check in...i was at an airport hotel so i went to the a/p..they called me while i was talking to the rep...long story , it was changed 4 times in less than 24 hours the day before we left.....only got 2 calls....found out the others on my own..but one was actually not a change! and they were sending me to cincy to get from philly to miami to keep my flight times close to the original...with barely enough connect time...made them put me back trhu hotlanta with a 3 hour layover....of course the plane was 30 minutes late, but we still had time for breakfast and a trip to the little travelers room..and to change concourses of course...

WE GOT CAUGHT TOO...

Well, lo and behold, when I checked tonight our return flights on AA had changed from leaving at 12:45pm to 9:00PM arriving back in PIT at 11:45PM instead of 3:30PM !!!!! I am livid!

I am waiting till I can contact the other couple we are travelling with to have all my requests in order before I call AA.

At this point, there are no other non-stop flights left.

If they re-schedule my flights, we will not have to pay the difference, right?!

What do you all suggest? :confused:

You did not post when your flight is, so I am making some assumptions here. But AA has taken the 12:45 nonstop MIA/PIT flight off the schedule after about December 10. Most likely because that flight was flown on a small regional jet and the traffic justified a larger plane. The traffic for a 9:00PM nonstop would be much lighter and the small regional jet would probably be about the right fit. To the best of my knowledge, AA does not fly any full size planes into/out of PIT.

You now have three choices: There is a 12:00PM flight leaving MIA, connecting in La Guardia, which would get you home at 5:35PM. The flight from LGA to PIT is on a RJ. Or there is a 12:30PM flight connecting at JFK, arriving PIT at 6:30PM. The flight from MIA/JFK is on a wide body 762. The JFK/PIT flight is on a RJ. Or stick with the nonstop at 9:00PM on the RJ.

AA will make the changes for free. Just pick the flight you want and call them to make the changes.

If your return flight is before Dec. 10, I have no reason why you would not be on the 12:45PM nonstop.

You did not post when your flight is, so I am making some assumptions here.

You now have three choices: There is a 12:00PM flight leaving MIA, connecting in La Guardia, which would get you home at 5:35PM. The flight from LGA to PIT is on a RJ. Or there is a 12:30PM flight connecting at JFK, arriving PIT at 6:30PM. The flight from MIA/JFK is on a wide body 762. The JFK/PIT flight is on a RJ. Or stick with the nonstop at 9:00PM on the RJ.

thanks! Our flight is on Feb. 18th - the heart of President's Week

I did want a nonstop back to PIT, but after pricing out other airlines (WOW have prices gone up!), decided to go with the 12:00PM flight out of MIA into LGA on to PIT. The couple we are travelling with has never flown before and we were trying to make things easier for them. We all preferred the earlier arrival time in PIT, but it's only 2 hours later. It's just - in the winter, having an extra stop always puts a little concern in my plans ;)

I had orginally wondered but didn't ask, that if we did find a different airline, would we be able to cancel this because the change was so big. In searching prior posts, I felt we could have done that if needed.

Archived