B2B in Barcelona

sddsddean

Doing a B2B2B on the Navigator next May. I've read various threads that say about getting your new card the night before etc., but how soon can you actually get off the ship? We plan to spend our days away from the 'scrum' of departing and embarking passengers, but looking on another reply it intimated you may not get off until 11am, although this was talking about the Majesty in Miami where you have the hassle of US immigration. Anyone any experiences?

Simon

I did a B2B from Barcelona on Brilliance in June. The Brilliance folks managed the B2B process expertly and better than any other RCI ship I've been on. The Guest Relations manager personally delivered my Sea Pass to me on the last night of my first cruise.

The next day, while people were debarking, I moved my items to my new cabin, having already informed my new cabin steward I'd be coming. Then I just walked off the ship - no customs, no immigration, no nothing. You can get off as soon as they start debarking. I think self debarkation started just before 7am.

Just keep in mind that you may have to wait a bit for a cab, depending on what time you get off the ship. There's a convenient port bus that makes regular stops at the terminal; it's blue and easily identifiable. The bus takes you the Port Vell area, near the Chris Columbus monument. From there, you can walk to La Ramblas, get on the subway, or whatever. The bus is just a few Euro.

I actually chose to walk, which takes about 20 minutes.

When I returned to the ship, I presented my new Sea Pass and got right on with no wait.

I loved Barcelona as a city and a cruise port. Try this site for more info:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

Thanks for that Patrick.

Did you have to do another photo, or did they just carry it over?

I'm guessing the port bus runs from the dock gates up the long L shaped pier that sticks out into the harbour (thats what it looks like on Google Earth!). Is that correct?

We are planning to have about 3 days pre cruise in Barcelona as well as everyone says what a great place it is.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks for that Patrick.

Did you have to do another photo, or did they just carry it over?

The photo does not carry over; ship staff will retake it as you board. Keep in mind that in most cases, your credit card will also not be linked to your new Sea Pass. Stop by Guest Relations and have them do it manually to avoid any hassles.

I'm guessing the port bus runs from the dock gates up the long L shaped pier that sticks out into the harbour (thats what it looks like on Google Earth!). Is that correct?

That's exactly right. You are very good with Google Earth!

We are planning to have about 3 days pre cruise in Barcelona as well as everyone says what a great place it is.

That's the perfect amount of time. Try to get to Montserrat; I loved it there.

Have fun and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Got another one for you Patrick.

The Wife would like to know if we have to do the muster drill on all 3 cruises, or as we do it on the first will that be enough. We won't be changing cabin, so its not like we have to find a different muster station.

e mail me back if you want.

Simon

PS Where is South Park?

unfortunately, you will have to muster at the start of each cruise; there's no way around it (well, there is, but people here may object).

Be prepared to stand thru the drill in about 5 languages.

South Park is an American tv show; I live in North Carolina.

Archived