Mini Bar Gratuity

cruiselover**

My husband and I will be going on the Carnival Valor in February 2005 (our 8th Carnival cruise!). We were wondering if anyone could help us with the fee charged for the mini bar gratuities. Is beer included in the mini-fridge? If so, do you get charged a 15% fee, plus the cost of the beer when you take it out of the refrigerator? When we cruised in March 2004 on the Carnival Spirit, we didn't even have the refrigerator unlocked. We were thinking that we might use our refrigerator this time, if the price is right.

• 3 months later...

I found that using these mini refrigertors did not keep my beverages ice cold. (like I like em) I take along a small cooler that holds 12 cans and get rid of the ice bucket. The cabin steward fills my cooler with ice and I put my cans of soda in there for the day.

I found that using these mini refrigertors did not keep my beverages ice cold. (like I like em) I take along a small cooler that holds 12 cans and get rid of the ice bucket. The cabin steward fills my cooler with ice and I put my cans of soda in there for the day.

...but do you tip each time the steward bring ice or do you add it all up at the end of the cruise?

Archived