Cell phone usage on Seabourn

Host Dan

While sailing on the spring crossing on Legend, the cell phone satellite was initiated. I made several calls, and had some incoming messages. Upon returning to the states, the roaming charges were astronomical! A friend on the same crossing was not charged ANY roaming charges. At that time, I had limited service that didnt include all states. My friend did. Since then, I have switched my plan, traveled to Alaska, made calls and no roaming charges. I guess my question is this: Can anyone specifically answer, while on my transatlanic fall cruise, with my new plan, will I be billed roaming charges? Is the Seabourn satellite considered US?

Thanks!

Host Dan

PS I use t-mobile

:mad: Roaming is the invention of a devil !

I think, you must have a worldClass service connected to your T-mobile or similar.( ask your mobile company )

Satelite connection / Seabourn Roaming is as I understand, activated while ship is at sea -but is disconnected when near or at land.

T&T:rolleyes:

Host Dan,:confused:

Seabourn has an arrangement with a company called (WMS) Wireless Maritime Services, all the major lines use this very effective system.

I suggest you look at the web site WWW.cellularatsea.com

Note ! not all prepaid phones works properly at sea.:rolleyes:

T&T

THANK YOU! This link directed me to the t-mobile site. There I was able to select Seabourn and voila $4.99 per minute! I think I wont turn the cell on, and simply use email this crossing! :)

Host Dan

:eek: I wouldn't rely on email!! Between high prices and poor connection, frustration will ensue!

At least from my experiences...

I've had pretty good luck with email on the crossings, but understand that, at times, the lack of connection can be frustrating. Luckily I plan on "checking out" while onboard, and what will be, will be - at home! :D

Host Dan

:( Although Seabourn is listed as a participating ship on the WMS website, Verizon DOESN'T include Seabourn among their list of ships!! :(

VZ Wireless includes service on Carnival, Regent, Silversea, Crystal, and many other cruise lines, but not Seabourn. VZ charges $2.49 a minute for international roaming on the ship, but since they don't provide service on Seabourn, I guess the cost is irrelevant.

Also, I noticed that on T-Mobile, on the Legend and Spirit show. The Pride is not listed as a participating ship.

Anyone have any info on VZ service on Seabourn?

Archived