NextCruise questions (merged)

I've read something somewhere about being able to put a down payment on a nonspecific future cruise on board and getting on board credit. Does anyone know how this works or where to get the details? This will only be our 2nd crusie, but we LOVE it. We can only manage to go on shorter itineraries. I was wondering 1st if this is possible, and 2nd how much on board credit do you get, and in order to qualify does the cruise have to be a certain length? Any information would help! Thanks! :D

I've read something somewhere about being able to put a down payment on a nonspecific future cruise on board and getting on board credit. Does anyone know how this works or where to get the details? This will only be our 2nd crusie, but we LOVE it. We can only manage to go on shorter itineraries. I was wondering 1st if this is possible, and 2nd how much on board credit do you get, and in order to qualify does the cruise have to be a certain length? Any information would help! Thanks! :D

It is called Next Cruise and you put down 100$ deposit instead of the normal deposit until you decide what cruise you want to take. You must book this on board with the loyalty ambassador. The OBC is based on the length of the cruise 3-5 days =50$, 7-9 days =100$ and 10+ =200$ per cabin.

In addition, when booking a NextCruise Option, you do not need to make an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador. Just stop by her desk during her hours and ask for the forms, the earlier you do it in your cruise the better. Fill them out and return to her. You will get confirmation before you depart the ship.

You only need to put the reservation in one person's name which would bring the nonrefundable deposit to $100. The person on the initial NextCruise booking must sail and then you can add spouse or whomever later.

If you are using a TA, make sure you note that on the form in BOLD letters. Sometimes that gets overlooked and it is held by RCI and then if you want it transferred, you have to fill out a transfer form to do so. Just check everything on your confirmation letter.

We just booked two last week when on Radiance. It's the best thing going with RCI.

Thanks! This is great information! So, with the TA... do we have to know the specific TA we will be booking with...? usually we just find the best deal online from a site that competes with different TA's. Will that work?

Thanks! This is great information! So, with the TA... do we have to know the specific TA we will be booking with...? usually we just find the best deal online from a site that competes with different TA's. Will that work?

Just take the regular booking and you can transfer to whomever you want at a later time.

We also just put down the nextcruise deposit and use the "competing" website. I assume we book as usual and call RCCL to apply the deposit and get OBC? Or do we have to book with RCCL first then transfer it to a TA? They didn't really explain it fully but I assume that my C&A account has my deposit that I can choose to apply when I want.

I'd rather apply the OBC to a 7 day cruise rather than a 3 or 4 day.

We just booked and full paid for a 4 day, can I call up and get my deposit applied and a credit to my credit card? Or just let the deposit ride to a future cruise?

Apparently things have changed since I booked a future cruise in March 2006. At that time, I had to book a specific cruise, then change the date to the cruise I wanted when it became available. I also paid the normal $250/pp deposit for a 7-day cruise.

We also just put down the nextcruise deposit and use the "competing" website. I assume we book as usual and call RCCL to apply the deposit and get OBC? Or do we have to book with RCCL first then transfer it to a TA? They didn't really explain it fully but I assume that my C&A account has my deposit that I can choose to apply when I want.

I'd rather apply the OBC to a 7 day cruise rather than a 3 or 4 day.

We just booked and full paid for a 4 day, can I call up and get my deposit applied and a credit to my credit card? Or just let the deposit ride to a future cruise?

Basically, a nextcruise booking is a reservation made onboard a cruise for a future (as yet unspecified) cruise that qualifies for the onboard credit(OBC) for booking a cruise while on a cruise. Several other details are important to know, you should ask RCL about the rest of the details before you book, but that is the general idea.

This is OBC, not a cash discount, so should not affect your credit card balance.

I understand the OBC, but the $200 I paid in advance needs to be credited against a cruise fare somewhere. I would assume they will apply it to my final payment thus reducing what I owe at that time.

I didn't pre-pay $200 to get $50 OBC alone.

A couple questions. If I will be needing to book two rooms can I do one in my name and then one in my fiance' name? And then specify the other passengers at a later date? Also I'm not sure how long of a cruise we will be taking. Do I have to specify at that time either a shorter cruise or a longer cruise or will they just adjust the OBC when we actually book the cruise? Otherwise if I do have to specify at that point, what if I select a 7 day cruise then change it to a shorter cruise, will we lose the whole OBC or just the extra amount over the shorter cruises OBC? Or vice versa if we select a shorter cruise but then book a longer one will they adjust the OBC or will we be "screwing" ourself out of the extra $50?

Hope that all makes sense! Thanks for your help.

The one question I have regarding Next Cruise is does the $100.00 deposit go towards the full deposit when you decide to book? So, lets say 3 months after booking Next Cruise I find a 7 night cruise I want to take will the deposit for 2 people then be $400.00, which is in addition to the $100.00 that was initially paid for Next Cruise?

The one question I have regarding Next Cruise is does the $100.00 deposit go towards the full deposit when you decide to book? So, lets say 3 months after booking Next Cruise I find a 7 night cruise I want to take will the deposit for 2 people then be $400.00, which is in addition to the $100.00 that was initially paid for Next Cruise?

Yes, once you decide on a ship/itinerary/date and book you will use the NextCruise booking number that is listed on your confirmation page. The NextCruise deposit will be deducted from the actual deposit at the time of booking a real cruise........making it $400 instead of $500.

A couple questions. If I will be needing to book two rooms can I do one in my name and then one in my fiance' name? And then specify the other passengers at a later date? Also I'm not sure how long of a cruise we will be taking. Do I have to specify at that time either a shorter cruise or a longer cruise or will they just adjust the OBC when we actually book the cruise? Otherwise if I do have to specify at that point, what if I select a 7 day cruise then change it to a shorter cruise, will we lose the whole OBC or just the extra amount over the shorter cruises OBC? Or vice versa if we select a shorter cruise but then book a longer one will they adjust the OBC or will we be "screwing" ourself out of the extra $50?

Hope that all makes sense! Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can book two rooms, just fill out two forms. The names on the forms must be on the sailing. Putting one in each name will require only a $100 deposit per booking. You will pay the adjusted deposit when you book a definite cruise/date/ship/itinerary.

You do not have to specify the number of days at the time of making a NextCruise booking. The OBC will depend on the length of the cruise once you have decided.

If you book a 7 day cruise and then change to a shorter cruise............make sure that you keep the same booking number, just change the itinerary/date/ship. Everything stays with your original booking number.

Hope this helps.:D

Yes, you can book two rooms, just fill out two forms. The names on the forms must be on the sailing. Putting one in each name will require only a $100 deposit per booking. You will pay the adjusted deposit when you book a definite cruise/date/ship/itinerary.

You do not have to specify the number of days at the time of making a NextCruise booking. The OBC will depend on the length of the cruise once you have decided.

If you book a 7 day cruise and then change to a shorter cruise............make sure that you keep the same booking number, just change the itinerary/date/ship. Everything stays with your original booking number.

Hope this helps.:D

Thank you so much!! Unless by some chance we max all our credit cards out on the cruise we will be booking with the next cruise option!! :D

I understand the OBC, but the $200 I paid in advance needs to be credited against a cruise fare somewhere. I would assume they will apply it to my final payment thus reducing what I owe at that time.

I didn't pre-pay $200 to get $50 OBC alone.

Yes, you are correct. You will get the deposit applied to your total.

The OBC is a reward for booking onboard.

Thanks very much for the answer to my question! I am going to be booking Next Cruise for sure when we cruise the Majesty in a few weeks :D

You may want to consider booking a couple of NextCruise bookings. They never expire and it's always nice to have one or two on the back burner in case a good deal comes up. And with the $100 deposit per booking, it makes it much more affordable.

AH. I think I get it now. I arrange to book a cruise with either RCCL or a TA, then I give them the booking number I already havefrom "next cruise" and say "Use this pre-exisiting booking number" when you reserve my cruise. Then ta-da, the prepaid credit gets applied along with the OBC. This is on top of any other discounts such as C&A.

When RCCL plugs in this pre-existing booking number, everything should pop up in the computer system.

AH. I think I get it now. I arrange to book a cruise with either RCCL or a TA, then I give them the booking number I already havefrom "next cruise" and say "Use this pre-exisiting booking number" when you reserve my cruise. Then ta-da, the prepaid credit gets applied along with the OBC. This is on top of any other discounts such as C&A.

When RCCL plugs in this pre-existing booking number, everything should pop up in the computer system.

Yep, that's the way it works. Easy as A...B...C.

I was going to post a thread on the same subject until I read this. This thread has answered all my questions. DH & I wanted to book a next cruise on our upcoming cruise. Not sure which cruise yet for 2009 but thought we had to put down a $500 deposit for 7 night cruise. Thanks all for the information. :)

I thought I had heard something about "for a friend" coupons that can be requested with a "next cruise" booking. They are supposed to allow friends to also book a cruise and have OBC without actually booking onboard. Can anyone clarify? I'm wondering about the specifics of the use of "for a friend next cruise" coupons. TIA :)

The one important thing to remember if you travel as a couple, and only need one cabin, just put the cabin for next cruise in 1 name. My husband and I travel together, but when we were on Mariner I did 2 next cruise options. I paid $200 for two cruises because they were only in my name. If you put them in both names, ie, husband & wife etc. you will pay $200 each next cruise.

We booked one cruise already using the next cruise option, so I paid an additional $400 deposit for a 7 day cruise. The other next cruise option is still open. When something turns up that we can't resist, I will use it.

Also remember, the money is non-refundable. So, don't spend more than you have to. Enjoy.

Archived