Tendering at Grand Cayman

2Okies

My daughter & I, and two of our friends are cruising on the Carnival Conquest at the end of this month. We have a non-Carnival excursion planned with Moby Dick Tours to go to Stingray City. We understand we will have to tender over to the port (where Moby Dick will pick us up). Does anyone have any helpful hints on how this is done? We've cruised once before on the Ecstasy, but no tendering was required on that cruise. How early do we need to get down to the tendering area? Will we need tickets? If so, when do we get the tickets, and where? I've read some posts that said to ignore the Caper's instructions and just go down to the tendering area. We want to get to our excursion before it leaves, and are just a little nervous about this procedure. Especially since we have a non-Carnival excursion planned. Are we going to basically be the last ones off the ship? Has anyone ever been left at the port by their excursion because they were late? Any advice?

You will go to an area, probably the theater and pick up tendering tickets. I would get there about 20-30 minutes before they start handing them out. Once tendering starts though, it goes pretty fast at GC. Once you get off the ship, you will see the various tour guides holding signs.

I think alot will depend on what time you're due to meet with Moby Dick vs what time they start tendering. If your ship starts tendering at 7 and your meeting time is 8, I would get in the tendering line asap. I've been on 4 cruises and I've yet to have anyone tell me that I have to wait for the "preferred excursions" or other groups to be tendered first. My experience has been that it's first come first served. Can't remember ever waiting more than around 20 minutes in line to get off.

Tickets aren't required for tendering from or to the ship.

If you're late for your meeting you DO run the risk that they will leave without you. Never had it happen to me but a couple with us missed the excursion because they were 10 minutes late.

I wouldn't stress over it too much. You're not the only one on that tour I'm sure. If you want to set your mind at ease, check with the service desk onboard and tell them you have to be on the dock at a particular time. I'm sure they will be very accomodating.

BTW, Stingray City is awesome.

Enjoy,

Jimmers

You will go to an area, probably the theater and pick up tendering tickets. I would get there about 20-30 minutes before they start handing them out. Once tendering starts though, it goes pretty fast at GC. Once you get off the ship, you will see the various tour guides holding signs.

Gee, am I getting senile or what?. I can't remember ever getting tendering tickets on a cruise ship except when I was with an prepaid ship excursion. As I understood it the okiegirls weren't in that category. Hope I didn't give them info about that.

Jimmers

We had to get tender tickets on Carnival. If you have a ship's excursion booked, you didn't need the tickets, you show your excursion tickets, but if you were independent, you had to get the tender tickets. The ship's excursions get to go first and then everyone else.

We had to get tender tickets on Carnival. If you have a ship's excursion booked, you didn't need the tickets, you show your excursion tickets, but if you were independent, you had to get the tender tickets. The ship's excursions get to go first and then everyone else.

I've never done it that way on last 3 RCI cruises. Have always just gone to the gangplank and boarded, excursion or not. Never had anyone tell me I couldn't board. Been along while since I've been on Carnival so I don't remember how it worked then. Best bet is to check with the service desk.

Jimmers

Since you have gotten conflicting answers, I would go to the Carnival board.

Do a search to see if someone asked your question already. If not, then do a post with Conquest, Grand Cayman tender questions as the title. I bet you will get recent experiences.

Good luck!

Since you have gotten conflicting answers, I would go to the Carnival board.

Do a search to see if someone asked your question already. If not, then do a post with Conquest, Grand Cayman tender questions as the title. I bet you will get recent experiences.

Good luck!

Thank you, I'll do that! I appreciate everyone's help here!

Archived