Table mates?

trubey

[quote name='cruisinpaige']:D
Im a GOP'er too but I'd like to sit with Senator Bird of WV. He can probably dance, too! As long as we're i nthe disco, invite Ted Kennedy, he's party animal. No wait, I went to a party he was at with F. Lee Baily once. He was pretty mellow, actually.:eek:[/QUOTE]
I would guess that if it's much after 11 am, Kennedy would be pretty mellow;)

I'd love a table for 2 with that actress on "Will and Grace" who plays Grace's rich, trashy secretary. She has got to be an absolute hoot.

The next night, I would have a larger table, with Mike Tyson, Richard Nixon, Britney Spears, and Ghandi. We'd all do shots of Jose Cuervo. I bet Ghandi would be like totally trashed, but he'd say some cool stuff before he passed out. Britney sits next to me. She's all, "I'm so-o-o wasted." Abe Lincoln just shakes his head. Oh wait. He's not invited. OK, I'd invite him, too. He can sit by Mike.

About 10 years ago I was in a Deli in NYC and Charles Nelson Reilly (from the old Match Game show) was seated near us with a group of young actors from his acting class.

He had the place in stitches, joking with everyone, he could not have been nicer to anyone who came up and said hello or wanted an autograph. He must have been a regular there because all the waiters kidded with him and the whole place just had a ball.
Would definately love to have him on our "blender" cruise *LOL*

In addition to him. Bill o'Reilly would be pretty interesting for sure. I find Maya Angelou fascinating and love listening to her. Just her voice and the way she tells a story is fascinating (I know two ends of the spectrum here at one table *LOL*

I know this is getting into the "people from the past" category, but what a riot it would be to have all the old timers from the Friars Club on a cruise to have one of their "Roasts" Most of the old greats are gone now, but in their day they used to kill me with all their quips and one liners.

As a few of you may know from my posts , I do have a tendency to cut up and get a little silly sometimes :) *LOL*. What a great cruise it would be to have all those clowns on board :)

I say we have a special Friars Roast cruise in honor of REVNEAL on his upcoming birthday *LOL*

[quote name='bepsf']Heather--
I completely agree - and would never exclude ALL Republicans! Just the Republican politicians and political appointees as I said before. Otherwise I'd need a Double Pepto-Bismol-cocktail after dinner...

After all, some of my dearest friends are Republican...
;-)

S7S, I should have included Maya amongst my table guests - maybe I need a table for 12 so I can include her and you...[/QUOTE][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][color=navy]I'm sorry but unfortunately Maya had previously been invited to sit at my table along with Sail and her other guests:) . But since these are fantasy tables with no limit in size, you're certainly more than welcome to join all of us as long as we avoid the subject of politics. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][color=navy]Hopefully your bias is with all politicians and is not targeted against any one party. Because I could certainly understand that. I simply took issue with your blanket statement about Republican politicians which seemed a bit unfair. I'm confident you meant no ill will toward any one political party;) .[/color][/size][/font]

ROBOAT,

I think Meaghen Mullally (who plays Karen on Will and Grace) is a riot, Her and the maid are the best ones on the show. *LOL*

The funny thing is I have seen her on talk shows and she is Absolutely nothing like that Character. She is married , I think she has like 5 kids, Her voice is even different. The total opposite of Karen. Usually that is the case with actors who play over the top characters like that.

But Karen Walker would be a riot to have on board *LOL*

Could you see her banging on the bar in the Crows Nest "Waiter, Mommy needs a refill" *LOL*

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]cruisinpaige[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]I don't think I want to be on a ship with those people you were talking about. They may have a lot of stories to tell, but - their kind of excitement is just a little too much for me.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]

[QUOTE]Vicar
About 10 years ago I was in a Deli in NYC and Charles Nelson Reilly (from the old Match Game show) was seated near us with a group of young actors from his acting class.

He had the place in stitches, joking with everyone, he could not have been nicer to anyone who came up and said hello or wanted an autograph. He must have been a regular there because all the waiters kidded with him and the whole place just had a ball.
Would definately love to have him on our "blender" cruise *LOL*[/QUOTE]
Sooo funny. DH and I were staying at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills and DH went to the hotel's salon for a haircut. When he finished, he stopped in one of the stores and bought me a piece of Lladro he had noticed in their window on his way to the Salon. Carrying 'my gift', he stopped to look in a men's clothing shop window and noticed two men beside him. They turned to him and asked his opinion of an 'ensemble' the store was featuring.....sports jacket, tie, stripe shirt etc He did a double take when he realized it was Burt Reynolds and Charles Nelson Reilly. He said they were both really down to earth and very pleasant to him.

Oh dear - that's what I get for opening my big mouth and pretending to be funny.

*****Brian calls the waiter to bring Champagne and additional chairs for Heather and Peaches to make it table for 14*****

I'm just surprised that nobody commented on my including Cher at our table...

I too enjoy reading about everyone's favorite choices. I'm especially fascinated hearing about the interesting people you really met. Maybe we should start a thread about who were the most interesting people you REALLY had dinner/cocktails with aboard ship...

[quote name='michmike']just bring your whoopie cushion, some of those big nose / fake mustache glasses, and a complete lack of inhibition and we'll do just fine..

actually based on your response I'm assuming that you agree with me that inhibitions can sure get in the way of a good time..*L* so pull up a chair and join in the mayhem![/QUOTE]Lack of inhibition is easy; I can do that. Wore out the whoppie cushion a long time ago; haven't replaced it yet. And can't find my big nose/fake mustache glasses! Will my horny head-band do? Horns up when you're sober, down when you're drunk?

Oh, and can we move the singers to formal night? That way we can all sing along when the musicians play at dinner. Could get some real fine jammin' before the appetizer!

Thanks for spoiling a perfectly interesting topic. Most ignored the comment at the begining and continued the conversation for it's intent. I can't see it going back after the last page and 1/2 of blah blah blah. I wish cc had a chat room for such discussions.

OK, folks, please keep this topic from becoming a political forum.

Including Laura Bush and Teresa Heinz-Kerry on the "who I'd like to have at my table list" is just fine (I'd really like Julia Child myself - see earlier in the thread - and Emeril Lagase).

Being a political season, please resist changing the discussion to the political philosophies of your fantasy tablemates.

And, by the way, as someone said, we Hosts are reviewing posts periodically, not continually. In many cases it may take up to 48 hours for a Host to be able to check a thread.

We at Cruise Critic count on our members to understand the guidelines and to use self restraint in posting and replying to messages on the Cruise Critic boards.

In addition, rather than responding to provocative posts, please use our alert procedure ([img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/report.gif[/img]) to address inappropriate posts.

Thanks.

[quote name='annebill']There you go again, Walt. You have left ALL of Brians pointed political comments on here. You deleted anything that questioned his motives. Your bias is showing again. Too bad.[/QUOTE]
Oh please, give it a rest. We're here to have fun, not bash each other. And I'll wager that Brian and I have never supported or voted for the same candidate for any office either nationally or here in California.

[i]Life's too short to go around with your knickers in a twist.[/i]

-dave

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida'][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]I have no problem with editing when things get out of hand ... in fact I applaud it, but this particular editing does show a bias. I'm disappointed in that. [/size][/font][/QUOTE]I have to agree, Heather and AnneB. Being fairly new to this board, I don't have the history here that many of you have, but it does look like Brian's post was the most inflammatory, and it is still up.

Brian, I say things in jest and get nailed once in a while, forgetting that not everyone knows I'm semi-kidding or just trying to be a little ornery.

I believe everyone should have the right to my own opinion.:D

Although I have not participated, I greatly enjoyed this thread until it got political (and I do not mean the choice of guests) In my mind, everyone should have the choice of picking their guests and it should not concern anyone else.

For DH it would probably be Joe DiMaggio and Don Mattingly. They needn't be charmers. All they would have to do is share a few baseball stories.

As for me, it would be my favorite author, Dean Koontz, my son Chris and
John Cleese.

Nancy

Guest tealady
michmike....
What an interesting choice of dinner companions!!
I have a feeling the 3 Stooges may have a bit of competition from you.
It looks like we may be in for a fun time on the Nov 6th sailing of the Volendam. See you aboard!!

Jan

[quote name='Beckey'][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]Well, I had dinner one time quite by accident with Morgan Freeman. I had no idea who he was until he left and someone told me. He was very charming and delightful – we talked about tennis and hose back riding, raising children and how hard it is for someone his height to take a shower. I found him later and apologized for not recognizing him. He laughed and said “Best dinner I have had in years, I got to be myself”. [/color][/font][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple] [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]All that said – I guess I enjoy having dinner with anyone that loves life and laughter. [/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

After thinking about this more in depth I have decided I would abandon my husband for one cruise.. or put him at another table (better idea) and have dinner with Sean Connery, Scotty Pippen, Harrison Ford, David Cassidy and Patrick Stewart.

My husband may eat with charming blue haired ladies who talk about bridge a lot (he hates bridge).. Life is not fair and this is payback for the heck I go through to provide us with progeny :)

Archived