Bringing Soda Onboard

It was the porter who made the comment. It was after we got out of the taxi & the porters were putting the Enchantment tags on the luggage. I don't think it's odd, though. I would think that they would know what could be transported onto the ship.

I would guess that you could take the drinks in your carry on if you weren't travelling by plane. It would be heavy, though.

Has anyone ever checked soda in their luggage onto the plane? I'm curious if the altitude would have any effect on the cans. Would hate to have them explode in the luggage. :eek:

I am not sure that I would even recommend this. It is just an accident waiting to happen.

If you are flying in the night before boarding, take a taxi or use a hotel shuttle to take you the nearest market and purchase it, then check it as part of you luggage. This is what I plan on doing to bring on my Diet Mt. Dew. On our recent 4 day, I bought the Coke card, but for 9 days, not sure I can go that long without my Dew.

It still begs the difference, why don't the cruise lines offer both product lines (Coke and Pepsi). Some restaurants chains are starting to do this as Soda is now making a larger portion of the profits and they don't want to lose a sale to a dedicated brand preference.

One of our local restaurants even now carries Diet Dew from the fountain. Just because of this, I go to lunch there a lot more often than I used to.

Happy Cruising.

Dave

I am not sure that I would even recommend this. It is just an accident waiting to happen.

If you are flying in the night before boarding, take a taxi or use a hotel shuttle to take you the nearest market and purchase it, then check it as part of you luggage. This is what I plan on doing to bring on my Diet Mt. Dew. On our recent 4 day, I bought the Coke card, but for 9 days, not sure I can go that long without my Dew.

It still begs the difference, why don't the cruise lines offer both product lines (Coke and Pepsi). Some restaurants chains are starting to do this as Soda is now making a larger portion of the profits and they don't want to lose a sale to a dedicated brand preference.

One of our local restaurants even now carries Diet Dew from the fountain. Just because of this, I go to lunch there a lot more often than I used to.

Happy Cruising.

Dave

Around here, places definitely have ONE or the OTHER. They are forced to sign exclusive contracts.

I know there are plenty of discussions on this, I just wanted to know the latest. Will I have any problem bringing on six 24 oz bottles of Soda? Thanks

i always bring soda in my ck in bags nothing is said i buy the 20oz bottles never had a problem

Brenda, I wouldn't bother myself. Just one more item I would have to deal with. I didn't even look at the date, where lady said she brought food for her little ones and drinks. If we are going on a cruise and spending $$$, I am not going to quibble over a $ 1.75 coke or my husbands $3.75 beer. :). He lucked out on the BOS in 2004 where they offered a buy 6 get one free. He bought one to go, after tipping, they gave that one for free rest of trip. I wish we could bring his beer, would save on that Beer tab at the end LOL.

Gay

Guest Crazeecat5

I like to have 1 soda (preferably Pepsi) with dinner. Would it be tacky if I brought my own soda onboard and took a can with me to the dining room? Has anyone ever done this? I usually buy them.

Sheryl

Happy Cruising.

Dave

my next cruise is 15 days--good idea about the market, but I don't think that I can get Diet DP in Barcelona:(

Brenda, I wouldn't bother myself. Just one more item I would have to deal with. I didn't even look at the date, where lady said she brought food for her little ones and drinks. If we are going on a cruise and spending $$$, I am not going to quibble over a $ 1.75 coke or my husbands $3.75 beer. :). He lucked out on the BOS in 2004 where they offered a buy 6 get one free. He bought one to go, after tipping, they gave that one for free rest of trip. I wish we could bring his beer, would save on that Beer tab at the end LOL.

Gay

if they had DDP on ship, I would get a coke card

I like to have 1 soda (preferably Pepsi) with dinner. Would it be tacky if I brought my own soda onboard and took a can with me to the dining room? Has anyone ever done this? I usually buy them.

Sheryl

I take a bottle koozie and put my DDP in it and take it all over the ship.

Glad to hear that. Though we get the soda cards, DW misses her one Diet Dr. Pepper per day. This year she is planning on picking up a six pack before boarding in SJU.

What is it with you Dr. Pepper drinkers? I can muddle through a week with Coke instead of Pepsi/Mt. Dew, but NOOooooooooooooo, Dr. Pepper drinkers have to have the real thing. What do they put in that stuff?:)

Prune juice flavor, really.

I carried a 12 pack of Mt. Dew cans onboard the Mariner last October and no one said a thing. As a matter of fact, we were some of the first onboard and had to wait for our cabins to be ready...one of the crew members showed me where to stash my stash so I could wander around the ship unencombered. He kept an eye on it for me for about 3 hours.

Walked onto the Sovereign with two 12-pack-refrigerator packs of Fresca and Diet A & W hoisted on my shoulder. Had to put them down on the check-in counter during the process. She just made an off-hand comment about the yummy new flavor of Fresca. :)

I didn't drink it all, but gave it to some VERY grateful crew members. :D

:D :D :D :D :D not really, but it has made for great rumors over the years. and even if it was, I'd drink it, there is just nothing else like it. course I am also a Big Red fan---those Texas drinks--YUMMY

To a Coca-Cola drinker, there is not much difference between Pepper and Pipp, in much the same way you might not think there's much difference between Coke and Pepsi. Dr. Pepper is not really all that unique. It's just that the imitations are not exactly the same. None of the other colas are exactly the same as Coke, either.

I didn't drink it all, but gave it to some VERY grateful crew members. :D

:eek: Wow!! You are so generous! Those crew members will probably remember you forever, for giving them a few leftover cans of soda!!

(Not being mean. Just a little friendly ribbing. ;) )

I bought the Coke pass this spring when we went on Splendour of the Seas. For our Spring 08 cruise, I think I will pack a few sodas, the drink pass is pricey. I will probably bring along my RCCL Coke cup from the last cruise, just in case I want to take my drink in the dining room, then it wouldn't look quite as tacky.

I will probably bring along my RCCL Coke cup from the last cruise, just in case I want to take my drink in the dining room, then it wouldn't look quite as tacky.

Ummm . . . If you must bring your own soda to the dining room, I think bringing the can would actually be slightly less tacky than bringing your Coke cup from a previous cruise.

so here's our deal, we are flhying in a day early with another couple and staying at Embassy Suites. I imagine there is a grocery or drug store near by. I would like to carry on a 12 pack of diet coke and 12 pack of 16oz water bottles. So, we could just carry them on board and that would be OK???????? I do not care for the fountain drinks. I will buy some cans to supplement, but like my early caffienne fix while relaxing on the balcony.

It sounds like they still are allowing you to bring your sodas onboard.

When we did Alaska, last year, I did not want to be without my Diet Dew. I put it in my carry on case. As we walked by, I could see them xraying my bag and you can see the case of cans VERY clearly!:D I think that as long as they are not banning the sodas, you can bring them on the ship any way you want.

Someone asked about bring it on a plane in the checked luggage and I would not suggest that. I made the mistake of putting an aerasol can in my checked luggage and had it explode all over my clothes. Maybe pop cans are different, but I would not want pop all over my cruise clothing.

When we sailed from San Juan, I wanted to buy my Diet Dew there and carry it on but could only find Coke products so had to do without.

Archived