Bringing Soda Onboard

Glad to hear that. Though we get the soda cards, DW misses her one Diet Dr. Pepper per day. This year she is planning on picking up a six pack before boarding in SJU.

What is it with you Dr. Pepper drinkers? I can muddle through a week with Coke instead of Pepsi/Mt. Dew, but NOOooooooooooooo, Dr. Pepper drinkers have to have the real thing. What do they put in that stuff?:)

Just got back from the Enchantment. My DH & I bought 2 cases of soda before we got to port & checked them with our luggage. The porter said something like, "You aren't supposed to bring on drinks" & I innocently said "I thought that was just alcohol." Then he taped the tags on & it came to the room.

Funny though--the case of coke was open & one was missing. We're assuming that it just ripped open & spilled, but you never know! We didn't drink them all, just left them for our Stateroom Attendant at the end.

Glad to hear that. Though we get the soda cards, DW misses her one Diet Dr. Pepper per day. This year she is planning on picking up a six pack before boarding in SJU.

What is it with you Dr. Pepper drinkers? I can muddle through a week with Coke instead of Pepsi/Mt. Dew, but NOOooooooooooooo, Dr. Pepper drinkers have to have the real thing. What do they put in that stuff?:)

guess you have to be a pepper to understand it;) I also drink DDP & always take mine with me & have not had a problem. even last march when my sister's wine was confiscated, my ddp 6 pack of bottles went through with no problem. as for drinking something else--NOTHING ELSE TASTES THE SAME. I would gladly buy DIET DP on the ship, but they don't have it. and Mr Pibb is not even close. I need to try HEB's brand and see if it is even close.

I'll try again--got a fatal error when I tried to post.

guess you have to be a pepper to understand;) I always take a 6 pack of DDP and have never had a problem. I don't know what i AM going to do when I go on my next cruise==15 days. don't want to have the extra weight in my bags on a transatlantic flight!!!! and I only drink Diet--looks like I will be without for a while.

Sorry fo rthe double post, oh well....

Just got back from the Enchantment. My DH & I bought 2 cases of soda before we got to port & checked them with our luggage. The porter said something like, "You aren't supposed to bring on drinks" & I innocently said "I thought that was just alcohol." Then he taped the tags on & it came to the room.

Funny though--the case of coke was open & one was missing. We're assuming that it just ripped open & spilled, but you never know! We didn't drink them all, just left them for our Stateroom Attendant at the end.

Porter? The porters are employed by Port Everglades, not the cruise line. Odd comment.

and Mr Pibb is not even close.

I would even lower myself to buying Mr. Pibb onboard, but even that's never available.

I'd take Mr. Pibb anyday over Coke.

Non Dr.P drinkers just don't get it - you have to love the Dr. before you can understand why nothing else compares. Coke and Pepsi are at least "similar" - nothing tastes like Dr. P (or Mr. Pibb for that matter, and some of the cheap store knockoffs!).

(off to enjoy a nice cold Dr. P - I'm somehow suddenly in the mood for some!)

Working in a restaurant as a server, I've witnessed first hand the dedication of Dr. Pepper drinkers. We recently replaced our DrP option with Mug Root Beer and I've found that once I appologize for the lack of DrP, the people will usually turn to "water with a lemon." Always lose out on that extra $2.39 with those people, but I completely understand why. DrP is unlike anything else.

I would even lower myself to buying Mr. Pibb onboard, but even that's never available.

I'd take Mr. Pibb anyday over Coke.

Non Dr.P drinkers just don't get it - you have to love the Dr. before you can understand why nothing else compares. Coke and Pepsi are at least "similar" - nothing tastes like Dr. P (or Mr. Pibb for that matter, and some of the cheap store knockoffs!).

(off to enjoy a nice cold Dr. P - I'm somehow suddenly in the mood for some!)

I guess IF I only had coke and mr pibb to pick from, I would pick Mr P, but only if iWAS Having serious cafeine withdrawals. haha

Oh Oh bet I will hear about this, I am a Pepsi Fan Big time, just like cruising, there is something out there for everyones tastes. :)

hey whatever zings your taste buds. now if I was a real smart a$$ I would accuse you of actually not having any taste buds;) , oops guess I just accused you of that:D :D :D just kidding. I have a hard enough time getting DDP in some places so if you drink something else, that's more for me

hey whatever zings your taste buds. now if I was a real smart a$$ I would accuse you of actually not having any taste buds;) , oops guess I just accused you of that:D :D :D just kidding. I have a hard enough time getting DDP in some places so if you drink something else, that's more for me

Crazy, as long as it tasts good, my Taste Buds must be working. :D Now don't get me wrong, I will drink, Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, its just the Pep is at the top of the list.:)

I thought we were asked if it was ok to bring soda onboard...not who likes Coke, DP DDP Pepsi etc...;) :D just kidding folks

Anyway do you have to check the sodas or can you bring them in your carryon?

I've done both with no problem

Has anyone ever checked soda in their luggage onto the plane? I'm curious if the altitude would have any effect on the cans. Would hate to have them explode in the luggage. :eek:

I take plastic bottles, npot cans. I flew once and just put them in a big zip loc bag with no problems. npot sure how cans would do.

Archived