how far to book

ugpdfw

Well I am looking to book a cruise for my 2 year anniversary, which would be mid march of 08. How far in advance would I need to book this? Is there any type of payment plan? What about deposits.. any info would be so helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Jordan

You have a lot to consider!

Mid-March may be Spring Break in some areas, so any air fare should already be purchased, if you need it.

If you want a specific cabin on a specific cruise, you may already have waited too late.

Most deposits run anywhere from 10-25%, depending upon whether you're booking with an online travel agency, directly with a cruise line, or a brick-and-mortar TA. Final payments are usually 60-90 days prior to embarking. Depending upon with whom you book, they may offer a pay plan.

If you've never cruised before, you might do well to locate a local agency that specializes in cruising. These boards can be a great deal of help, but speaking with a knowledgeable agent will be even better for someone unaccustomed to cruising.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul

I always book when I have decided what we want to do. I am now working on the second half of next year. I book 3 cruises for March, Apr & May last spring. Sometimes the fares will go up in between & sometimes they go down. Neither is a sure thing.

If you've decided to book for March of 08, book now. We have already booked our June of 08 cruise, and it's selling quickly. In a lot of cases and I'm not saying all, it's the further out you book, the cheaper it is. If you wait it could go higher. If it goes lower, you can always request credit.:)

you should book now....you will have to pay the deposit (usually $500 for a 7 night cruise) at booking, (some will give you 24 hours). any cruise line or TA will let you pay when you want...generally when i book thru my local TA i would pay some every month or so...she really didn't care...(all she did for me was take the payments!)

you can pay on line with most of the cruise lines...RC for example..you go to your reservation, click on make a payment and fill in the info....

if you have an idea...see what is available...again, it is spring break so things may be higher priced, filling up and the like...

generally more spring breakers would take shorter cruises...3-5 nights...so you may want to look at 7 nighters...

hth

Easter is March 23rd of next year and many of the cruises are starting to sell out for that time. Holiday cruises are very popular and much more expensive than any other time. People are booking as far out as next April 09, and I already have bookings for March 09. Book now, especially if you need air. ;)

Archived