Hey bdaguy or ? --Is this schedule doable???

jaja

hi bdaguy and everyone...

Leaving this Sunday...

Ok-here is my plan..can add or subtract as needed...(I think I have too much planned!:D for these old bones)

Arrive St George Tuesday AM--

buy 3 day tickets(bus & ferry)

Bus (# 3?)Go St.Catherine's Fort and beach & Tobacco Bay

cave(s) ? and Swizzle Inn

Wednesday: Hamilton

Snorkle trip till noon.

Back to ship to change and eat.

Afternoon: walking trip or bus (#7?)to Underwater Institute

Evening: is there a Harbor Nights festival ? If so where?

Thursday: Hamilton

Ferry (?) to Dockyard and then Bus (#7?) to Hobbs Lighthouse, Horseshoe Bay, Elbow Beach ( beaches not for swimming-just to visit )and back to ship..

(I probably could forgo Dockyard--but do want to take a ferry to see Bermuda from that perspective-is there a better ride?)

Friday: AM -shopping on Front St before leaving...

We want to try either Hog Penny or Fresco's --for a lunch -are either on our route???:confused: or worth a visit ?

Is there something I MUST see ? and did not include?

Thanks so much..

jaja (janette)

ps- long term weather forecast says rain !!! so-I may have to plan other stuff!!:(

Looks good to me but bdaguy is the best for a concise tour but he hasn't been around for about a week and I'm wondering where he is.:(

Personally, I would forgo the caves but that's probably since I've seen caves here at home. The Bermuda Perfumery in St. George is a nice place that gives free tours and explains about the perfume made from the native flowers. If you want to cut down on time, it may not be necessary to go to Elbow Beach if you're planning on Horseshoe Bay. Do walk to the left and explore all the coves.

Do take the ferry to see Bermuda from the water and since it's included in your transportation pass, it's like a cheap tour especially if you take the local back from the Dockyard.

Bdaguy, where are you?:confused:

When we went to Bermuda last we had a jam-packed schedule like yours and loved every minute of it. Just remember that a transportation pass has to be used on 3 consecutive days so pick the 3 days in a row you'll use it most.

I hope bdaguy is OK too, maybe hanging from a rafter somewhere?

I can give a thumbs up on Tobacco Bay. For us, it did get crowded as the day went on but this was in July so you might not have that problem. Most of our group walked there and it wasn't a long walk, but with my foot pain, I took a taxi with my son and sister ($5). We caught the shuttle back, which I think was $3 each.

So glad you are going to the BUEI! A good place to go if you do have rain. No one here seems to mention it much but it was a highlight of our trip. My dh is related to Teddy Tucker so we had a great tour given by his wife and daughter. Our 10yo ds loved the place and took lots of photos. And I bought a lot in the gift shop. Once again, most of our group walked there but a few of us took a taxi there and walked back. That almost killed me but I stopped a lot and sat on walls, steps, etc., and everyone I met along the way was very friendly, commenting as I mopped my brow, lol. It was a little scary walking where the sidewalks were torn up and we had to be in the street but we got back to the ship in one piece.

You schedule is busy, but if you can do it, it sounds great!

:)

Be aware that it is the mini bus that takes you to Tabacco Bay and St. Catherines, NOT the Pink buses, separate and the passes won't work. But about the same price and way quicker is a cab. Tabacco is for snorkling, St. Catherines is a beautiful beach, interesting fort/museum. If you aren't snorkling, I would skip Tabacco.

There is a Harbor night in St. George on Tuesdays and Hamilton on Wednesdays- however, may not be running in your timeframe??

Where are you snorkling??? I assume it's not shore snorkling?? As a suggestion, Clarence Cove is excellent from shore.

There is a ferry Hamilton to Dockyard, and the 7 bus pick up at the dock. I'll assume you mean Gibbs Light house?? I actually like Warwick beach better than Horseshoe, but there is a "shuttle" at Horseshoe so you don't have to walk up hill.

Don't let any rain stop you, pack some cheap dollar store ponchos. :)

thanks all...

Our snorkle trip is off shore by boat..we don't plan on any beach snorkling..just beach visits..

OH-glad to know about no regular bus to St Catherines(fort and beach)-I thought a regular bus went there..

What is best way to Underwater Institute? Bus or walk..?

Ok-so ferry to Dockyard and then #7 bus for return with stops at Lighthouse and Horseshoe Beach is OK?

thanks

any other suggestions....?

We just got back and did a very similar itinerary. You can walk to Tobacco Bay and St Catherine's from St george's-it is very hilly but doable, or a taxi was just $6 each way. We did this and the unfinished church one morning, then after getting cleaned up went to both Cystal Caves and Fantasy with a couple of drinks at the Swizzle Inn afterwards Next day bus to Hamilton and then Horseshoe Bay, be sure to walk all the way to the left around the large rocks for some beautiful and breathtaking views. After that we had an afternoon sail tour booked which was cancelled due to weather, rough seas, but we also took the ferry back from Hamilton and it stopped in Dockyard. You could always stop over here and shop and take the next ferry back to St George's. The very first day we did an island tour, which included the Gibb's Lighthouse, Botanical Gardens, several beaches for viewing, tour of the little towns with quite a bit of info, and the Dockyard. NCL did a pretty good tour and I amsure most other lines offer something similar, but this was a good way of seeing alot of sights without having to worry about the transportation and timing.

Have a great time, you will love it there, we were amazed at the beauty and even though there is hustle and bustle in the city of Hamilton, for the most part the tranquility of the island is wonderful.

thanks!!

I think I know the full island tour you speak of-BUT-it was not offered for our cruise...I was very disappointed..

ok-so we can walk from ship docked in St.George to St.Catherines ? About how long does it take? We may or may not do caves..but is it along same route ---?

jaja

buy 3 day tickets(bus & ferry)

Bus (# 3?)Go St.Catherine's Fort and beach & Tobacco Bay

cave(s) ? and Swizzle Inn

Wednesday: Hamilton

Snorkle trip till noon.

Back to ship to change and eat.

Afternoon: walking trip or bus (#7?)to Underwater Institute

Evening: is there a Harbor Nights festival ? If so where?

Thursday: Hamilton

Ferry (?) to Dockyard and then Bus (#7?) to Hobbs Lighthouse, Horseshoe Bay, Elbow Beach ( beaches not for swimming-just to visit )and back to ship..

(I probably could forgo Dockyard--but do want to take a ferry to see Bermuda from that perspective-is there a better ride?)

Friday: AM -shopping on Front St before leaving...

We want to try either Hog Penny or Fresco's

as already mentioned, take the mini bus over the hill to get to tobacco bay, from there it's a beautiful 5 minute meander to ft st catherine, since you're so close, why not?

take the #1 bus into hamilton as this can let you off right outside the underwater exploration institute and then you can start your walking tour of hamilton from there. harbour nights starts at around 6:30 and takes place right in the middle of front street at the flagpole. the flagpole is right at the bottom of burnaby street where you'll find hog penny, which would be my pick, but fresco's is good as well.

if you take the ferry from st georges to dockyard and then the bus back, you'll have given yourself a really good day. take the #7 out of dockyard to hobbs lighthouse, if you want to sound like a local you should call it gibb's hiil lighthouse. from there it would be a short taxi ride to horseshoe and then back on the bus to elbow, which is beautiful, but after seeing horseshoe only minutes earlier may turn out to be a slight waste of precious time. i would use that time to go to swizzle ss, which is on the #7 route back to hamilton.

have fun!

hey bdaguy !!! GOOD TO SEE YA BACK!!:D We were worried about you...

and thanks for the added info...!

Now if you can just get the sun to be there for a week , I will be eternally grateful!!;)

Archived