Seabourn myths, formal nights and more

NZ Cruiser

Just back from three wonderful weeks on the Pride through the delightful western Mediterranean. Just wanted to share our viewpoints on some of the points and questions often raised by newcomers and others.

1. The Seabourn experience is very much hinging on the wonderful service that can be felt throughout the ship. Everyone, staff and officers are going out their way to make it a memorable journey. But do not expect too much. Staff may not remember your name as fast as you think. In our case we had one! waiter remember our name within the first 8 days, 4 within two weeks and about half in our third week. Note that I am not complaining, just a reality check. Our names were never remembered by any of the officers, purser, cruise director or shore excursion personnel.

2. Formal nights. Concerns about clothing should never hold you back from experiencing Seabourn. Not only do you have two other less formal occasions such as the Verandah and a memorable dining experience in your cabin, but the "formal" is less formal than you think and quite pleasurable. It is called "black tie " optional and that's what it is. Any jacket with a tie can be seen and is not rejected. In my book a mild form of a formal occasion.

3. I hear very often people on this message board say that the panorama windows are totally adequate and that the decks are just a minute from your suite. Well, if you like us love to sleep to the sounds of lapping waves, then the Seabourn French balconies are just the answer. How often during the day and night do we lean out of our window to take in the view, the smells, the sounds of the sea without the interference of air conditioning. For us it is worth the extra expense. Just another view.

4. We were very pleased by the new energy of the Filipino band that Seabourn has just recently employed as a trial. Great talent of the singers and a lot of stamina . We had never seen before such a crowd dancing for such a long time. We certainly enjoyed it very much.

5. One last point. The No 2 restaurant is not so rigid any more and now has two theme nights with an Italian Trattoria and another ethnic night each week on our cruise and we really liked that as well.

All in all we had a wonderful experience and are already booked on two more Seabourn adventures next year.

NZ Cruiser

Hi there, Many thanks for your posting. As a newcomer to Seabourn all information is gathered and absorbed! As long as they remember to let me back onto the Ship with that's fine for me! ;) Friendliness and politeness are key, always remembering my name is not.

Hope you had a fantastic voyage, we are going on The Pride from 1 - 8 Dec around the Caribbean and I can't wait.

Greeting from Anne in England :)

NZ cruiser,

I noticed your flag ! Did you and Captain Dexter have time to visit about New Zealand? He's actually English but lives in New Zealand now with his family.

I'm so sorry I'll miss sailing with him Oct. 19th, but he'll be disembarking and flying home to NZ.

Great review ~~thanks for posting!:p

Martita B.

4. We were very pleased by the new energy of the Filipino band that Seabourn has just recently employed as a trial. Great talent of the singers and a lot of stamina . We had never seen before such a crowd dancing for such a long time. We certainly enjoyed it very much.

Thanks for the review!! :D

I have been hearing about this new entertainment, but it's always referred to as the "Filipino Band". I'm just curious if they actually have a group name they go by? :confused:

Just back from three wonderful weeks on the Pride through the delightful western Mediterranean. 1NZ Cruiser

I think you mean you are just back from the Legend as the Pride was in the Baltic/Shipyard for refrurb./Crossing.

I got an email from Iamboatman as he is getting off the Legend today and he said it was the BEST cruise ever.

Doesn't matter which of the triplets you are on, they are all amazing.

BTW I will be in NZ for Christmas/New Years. Have only done the N.I and that was nearly 20 years ago. Not doing a cruise though doing it all on land and doing SI & NI

Bon voyage

>"4. We were very pleased by the new energy of the Filipino band that Seabourn has just recently employed as a trial. Great talent of the singers and a lot of stamina . We had never seen before such a crowd dancing for such a long time. We certainly enjoyed it very much.'

I do agree with Cruisr, that all the ships are wonderful, but the new band (and they have a name which I forget) has now set the high-water mark for the others. I found the Pride Quartet sounded like they were doing funeral dirges in comparison.

Thanks for the review!! :D

I have been hearing about this new entertainment, but it's always referred to as the "Filipino Band". I'm just curious if they actually have a group name they go by? :confused:

The new band on the Legend is called Oasis. The singers which accompany them are Christina Otero and Speedy Gonzales (no joke:p).

Archived