Pride '08, Patagonia Passage

JaneBP

I just got my preliminary booklet and noticed there are two overland trips in Argentina:The Mendoza Wine Route and Buenos Aires and the Pampas. Both are 6 days and 5 nights and bypass the sea days. I have not heard anyone mention them, but the latter sounds intriguing to me. (I am not a wine afficionado.)

Suggestions, comments, experiences?

I feel very strongly that all CRUISERS should adhere to the following rule:

Never, ever, having paid "Big Bucks", especially on Seabourn, do you egress the ship to pay more "Big Bucks" to go on a tour, especially for more than one overnight! You do it pre or post-cruise.

I feel very strongly that all CRUISERS should adhere to the following rule:

Never' date=' ever, having paid "Big Bucks", especially on Seabourn, do you egress the ship to pay more "Big Bucks" to go on a tour, especially for more than one overnight! You do it pre or post-cruise.[/quote']

Obviously, there is an inherent logic in this, but sometimes, it seems best to avail oneself (me) of an opportunity. I am doing pre-cruise in Chile, post in Brazil and hear that BA is an awesome city. I can see skipping some sea days for that. Yes, I know it means missing Trivia.

Likewise, I am opting for the overland Taj Mahal trip in '08. In fact, that's almost my only reason to take the Spirit to Hong Kong. Oh yes, there is that post-cruise in China.

I agree with JaneBP. Sometimes you have to get off the ship to accomplish what we are supposedly traveling for, to experience other cultures and see the major sights of the world. If they happen to come in the middle of a cruise, so be it. It's no fun to pay for ship days and then have to pay extra. but I'd rather do that than regret missing some place special.

Archived