oceanview or Balcony ?

rob6465

Thinking of going on 2nd cruise on the conquest. How much more would you pay for balcony over an oceanview ? Wife and I were on a balcony last month, now might want to save money. If it's $100, i'll go balcony.

Well, I've been on only one cruise but we had a balcony, so I really have nothing to compare it to. However, after having had a balcony, I think I'd feel claustrophobic if I didn't. We spent a lot of time on it. It made the room seem much bigger.

My wife loved the Balcony and i also like it just felt like saving the money in the difference of price from oceanview to balcony. You guys are making it so difficult ! I remember the expression on our faces the first time we went on the balcony and seeing beautiful jamaica. Also, our son(23) will be coming with his girlfriend and want them to have the same feeling we had in having a balcony.

That is the problem, it's not $100, it's more like $300

300$ per person ??

that sounds right .

we have had a balcony 3 cruises out of 5 , but now we realize that the extra money spent on a balcony we could use for another cruise, or for other things on the ship.. thats just us though.. we budget alot

I would say if money isnt an issue go for it , but if it is, to Me it isnt worth it...

We loved our balcony. I'm spoiled now and wouldn't want to sail without that little extra perk.

We feel the same way. While we don't mind crowds so much, it is nice to be able to get away from them yet still be able to enjoy the sound and smell of the ocean. If we didn't have a balcony, out only choice would be to sit out with everyone else.

It's definitely worth the $$ for us. We're pretty frugal in every day life, but when it comes to vacations, we're of the "in for a dime, in for a dollar" mentality. We don't take that many vacations without the kids, either, so when we do, we make it worth it.

I know, $300 more is too much. That can pay for all our excursions on the 3 ports.

Is that for a specific cabin or a gty?

I personally know I would not enjoy a cruise without a balcony.. as I spend alot of time there.. ;)

Balcony...have never been in any other type of cabin. I am sure I could go on two cruises a year if I did not book a balcony, but I love standing out there at night, in the morning. It is worth it for me.

Balconies rule...lol:D

Linda

Inside :D

Seriously, IMO I would rather spend money on excursions, beer, souvenirs, beer, gambling, beer, etc, beer...

If you are comfortable with an OV (or even an inside), consider what you would do with the "extra" money.

But his wife wants a balcony. :) And you know, balconies can be romantic places. ;)

We're leaning to Balcony because like someone said, it's your vacation and you need to be relaxed and have fun and whatever that takes,do it. We want to do oceanview and hope we get upgraded but that is not a guarantee and I'd be afraid they put us in a oceanview cabin that we won't like. I can also pick my own oceanview instead of an oceanview guarantee but for that I rather get a balcony guarantee, which is only $100 more. We're probably going to go through a Carnival PVP instead of the TA that we went through for our first cruise. I notice her price is $100 more than the price carnival offers.

Archived