Just returned from the 10/1 Mercury PNW 4 night sailing!

GinaJ

I will write a short review tomorrow on the boards

thanks for sharing Gina

Part of me wants to know about midnight buffet? martini/wine tastings? spa deals? shows? comedian? lobster? but part of me wants to be surprised once we get onboard. So stressful!:p

How was the tendering in Nanaimo?

The Muster drill was at 4:15 according to the daily sheets. I did not look at my watch to see if it really started at exactly 4:15. It seems a little longer than other cruiselines musters that I have been through.

As far as the second set of questions, they did have spa specials and I will go through my notes and post the info tomorrow (I came home very sick so I don't have a lot of energy tonight. Sorry) Unpacking will have to wait until tomorrow.

Lobster was not served on our 4 night cruise.

I did not attend the shows but anyone in our group of 25 that went had nothing but good things to say about all of them.

I don't know if there was a midnight buffet or not. I never noticed that there was going to be one, but I will look through the papers and let you know.

The tender in Nanaimo took about 10 minutes on the water but the wait to get on was 30 minutes in one of the theatres. We picked up a tender slip at 10:30am and were called at 11:00. No line waiting to come back around 2:00pm.

Gina

The two spa specials that I saw were

1) Port Days--three 20 minute treatments for $99.00

2) Ladies Day (day at sea)--1.25 hour of mini treatments for $79.00 ( I think this might have started at 10:00pm)

The shows were a comedian, 2 dance shows by Celebrity dancers and then some type of juggling comedian--from what I read and heard.

No midnight buffet from what I could read in the dailys They had some time of "Late night bites" in each public lounge from 11:30-12:30am.

GIna

We plan to leave on Monday for our 4 nighter on the Mercury. Could you tell me the dress codes for the 4 dinners? We have heard 3 casuals and one informal, but that is not what Celebrity says. They say one formal one informal and two casuals. What did you have ? How dressy did the women get on formal night? Men?

The first and last night are casual.

The second night is formal. I did see some tuxes but mostly dark suits and formal dresses.

The third night was informal (or semi formal) and some people were just as dressed up as the formal night. The daily sheet read. Informal--Ladies informal dress or pants and blouse. Men- Jacket, slacks, no jeans.

Hope this helps.

Gina

Archived