Chance of Guarantee Cabin Changing?

elmojessi

I just found out that there is a cabin assigned for our Dec 1st Triumph cruise. I'm not particularly happy with our cabin (2218, on Main deck right below the theater, we would prefer to be aft), so I'm just wondering what the chances are that it might change before boarding. Yes, I know that with a guarantee there is ALWAYS a chance of it changing, I'm just wondering what those chances are. Is it like 1% or more like 20%. Sigh...I know it will be just fine either way and we'll have a great time, but I guess I was just assuming that we'd end up at the back of the ship since that's where we've been on both of our other two IS bookings.

most of the time with carnival they're a bit strict about their tba cabin policies...once the cabin is assigned, they don't change it unless you pay higher for the cabin assignment rates. you can always check on board, i'm sure, to see if there's anything available to move to. it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

The chance of Carnival spontaneously changing your cabin it tiny. If you feel that you can't live with the cabin you were assigned, consider buying an upgrade. Or just keep an eye on prices and, if they drop, you may be able to get either an upgrade or a onboard credit.

We took a cruise the same week as you last year and prices dropped several times, Our guarantee cabin was assigned at the most forward of the inside cabins on the Riviera deck, so when prices dropped enough, we paid $15 per person to upgrade to an assigned outside cabin. Keep an eye on things; sometimes price drops don't last long!

A cabin under the showlounge is only a noise problem if you go to bed early. It should be quiet after 1 AM. On the other hand, if you just wanted to be near the aft elevators so you could nip up for pizza easily, a forward cabin won't be your favorite, although it will get you extra exercise.

Of course there is a chance of the cabin changing. Iv read of instances where they needed the connecting cabin they gave you, or they gave you a handicapped cabin and needed it, whatever. They promised the balcony to someone else or someone with pull. There are always a few exceptions. But yes the chances would be slim and it would be unusual to not give you an equal cabin to what you have now been assigned.

I just found out that there is a cabin assigned for our Dec 1st Triumph cruise. I'm not particularly happy with our cabin (2218, on Main deck right below the theater, we would prefer to be aft), so I'm just wondering what the chances are that it might change before boarding. Yes, I know that with a guarantee there is ALWAYS a chance of it changing, I'm just wondering what those chances are. Is it like 1% or more like 20%. Sigh...I know it will be just fine either way and we'll have a great time, but I guess I was just assuming that we'd end up at the back of the ship since that's where we've been on both of our other two IS bookings.

What most people don't realize is that you can get your cabin switched (within the same category) if there's something available. We booked 7A guarantee.......were upgraded to 8D forward. I called my PVP and she switched us to an aft category on the same deck. It doesn't hurt to try...

Archived