meals

jks9103

Are the meal choices different on formal nights? As in, fancier or more upscale. Also has anyone had a bad food experience? Like, something being under cooked or just plain didn't taste good?

Food menus have different selections each night in the dining rooms. Usually on one of the formal nights they always have lobster or steak and lobster. Have had some real good, Princess has excellent, nice larger lobster tails that were really good. I did actually have one bad steak and lobster that was a joke on Holland America. I'm not kidding it was real bad. Tiny lobster tail that was cold, and a filet over cooked, so tiny, cold, and flat as a pancake. It was the only time I have had something horrible on a cruise. The rest of the time their food was decent enough though. The good thing is on cruises, if you don't like something, send it back and order something else. All lines seem to be accomodating about that.

Each night they will have a different menu in the dining room. It will include several appetizers, a few soups and salads, and a choice of multiple entrees. There will usually be at least one beef entree, one chicken entree, one fish entree, one vegetarian entree, and one pasta entree. If you order something that you don't enjoy (for whatever reason), let your waiter know and he will usually be able to get you something else on the menu.

At dinner RCCL has a few alternate everyday selections including a steak, a plain grilled chicken breast, grilled salmon, and some kind of simple pasta dish so if you don't like the main selections you can always resort to those items.

only once in 4 cruises did we send our entrees back..they were promptly replaced...stick to your servers' suggestions.....:D

your servers' job is to make sure you are happy so if something isn't to your liking, let them know.....a server and headwaiter on RC told us that if we complained about it on a comment card and DIDN'T give them the chance to fix it, they get in trouble.....needless to say, they were so nice about switching our prime rib, that no further discussion was needed......

so, bottom line, if you don't care for something, just let them know....there is plenty to choose from...

menus on formal night are generally 'fancier' (that isn't really the word i wanted though but it's all that is coming to mind riight now.....) formal night food is generally very good...filet, some sort of seafood plate (generally featuring lobster), 'fancier' desserts (baked alaska, souffles, etc)

ok, enough...i am getting hungry! people often post menus here....or on the cruise lines' board.....

Archived