Rule about No Jeans in Dining Room at Dinner

Actually, the only interesting thing, is why someone who knows all of the above feels the need to bring this silly topic back up. :rolleyes:

Actually, that is not interesting either.:rolleyes:

jc

I guess I'm a little naive about this subject. I'm not trying to rehash anything - just commenting on the fact that Royal Caribbean tells what is not acceptable but doesn't mention jeans. I'm not advocating wearing jeans or fussing about people who do wear them. Just wonder what the rule is. Sorry if I have missed previous "fights" about this.

I guess I'm a little naive about this subject. I'm not trying to rehash anything - just commenting on the fact that Royal Caribbean tells what is not acceptable but doesn't mention jeans. I'm not advocating wearing jeans or fussing about people who do wear them. Just wonder what the rule is. Sorry if I have missed previous "fights" about this.

Do a search on jeans in the dining room..pick whatever cruiseline you wish and you will have hours of reading:D

no no no....all wrong. I don't post about popcorn and drinks to make my count go up.......puhleeeze! It's just this topic is so over. It get's old ,real quick. What's the harm in having a few posters have fun with it for a minute or two?

No harm no foul no biggie...Jeans or no jeans, who really cares unless they have 20 holes in torn in them and you are entering on formal night. Don't want to see jeans at all???? Cruise the more "upscale and highly expensive" cruise lines, problem solved. :)

Then use technology to your advantage. Instead of bumping up the post and keeping it active, ignore it completely. It will fade away quicker.

OK...I woke up:o . I live in part of the country where jeans are pretty well accepted in all walks of life and at most events. I mean, we have work jeans and we have dress jeans. At the time that we took our first RCCL cruise I didn't own any Dockers and the only pair of dress pants I owned was part of my one suit. We sailed on Enchantment and we ate all of our evening meal in the WJ. However, I'll have to say that I felt very out of place in the evenings as we ventured out around the ship. I'm sure some folks don't feel that way but it made a big impact on me for some reason.

Now, well, we dress according to the suggested dress code and I don't take jeans on our cruises. I really don't have anything against people wearing what they want. I've just found that it doesn't take me anymore effort to dress up a little and we really enjoy it. Living in a town of 1900 we just don't have events that require it.

Enjoy your cruise :D

Then use technology to your advantage. Instead of bumping up the post and keeping it active, ignore it completely. It will fade away quicker.

I totally agree, but who can resist the popcorn idea:o

NOW i'm done! :D

Archived