Rule about No Jeans in Dining Room at Dinner

How many of us ever read that notebook of information that is in the cabin? I know on these threads it is repeated over and over that jeans are not allowed at dinner, and there is even information on RCCL's website about that, I believe. Yet in that little notebook there is a list of what is NOT allowed at dinner, and jeans are not mentioned. Interesting, huh?

Old argument that does not need resurfacing here. There is no rule against jeans in the dining room. Some people feel they are inappropriate, and they do not match the "suggested" attire; some people think they're fine. But except for perhaps a few misinformed souls, most people acknowledged that they are allowed.

I could certainly be wrong, but I think that several years ago jeans were on the "not allowed" list. But for at least the last 2 years, they are no longer on the list. Actually, many cruises have included a "western" night. How western can you be without jeans?

This depends on the line. Princess says No Jeans.

We were on Princess in Jan, 2007, and with their anytime dining rule, I think some people thought it also meant any dress you like. One evening we were at dinner with a couple in their late seventies. He had on a pair of ragged jeans with a "team" t-shirt. He was dressed innapropriately. Many people came to dinner in jeans shorts etc. It was my first Princess cruise, on the Grand, maybe our last but not because of the way people dressed. I'm a Diamond member of RCI, so I've been to the dining room many times, and there are so few that are not properly dressed they seem to just blend in. In the future if it gets out of control it may bother me

Tasha

Wow... no takers? Just a bunch of people posting so their little post count goes ding? sigh...

Well, I think they should have a jeans night for the dining room. It goes right along with the Royal Caribbean theme song and since it would be SUGGESTED attire, I'd love to see the fashion police squirm as their brain explodes. Then squirm as they try to squeeze into those jeans.

:cool:

Wow... no takers? Just a bunch of people posting so their little post count goes ding? sigh...

Well, I think they should have a jeans night for the dining room. It goes right along with the Royal Caribbean theme song and since it would be SUGGESTED attire, I'd love to see the fashion police squirm as their brain explodes. Then squirm as they try to squeeze into those jeans.

But you will notice, the popcorn eaters, and drinkers will step aside while the others post arguments back and forth...same as the smokers threads....doesn't get anyone anywher, so a drink and popcorn aren't all that bad!

How many of us ever read that notebook of information that is in the cabin? I know on these threads it is repeated over and over that jeans are not allowed at dinner, and there is even information on RCCL's website about that, I believe. Yet in that little notebook there is a list of what is NOT allowed at dinner, and jeans are not mentioned. Interesting, huh?

Actually, the only interesting thing, is why someone who knows all of the above feels the need to bring this silly topic back up. :rolleyes:

Actually, that is not interesting either.:rolleyes:

jc

no no no....all wrong. I don't post about popcorn and drinks to make my count go up.......puhleeeze! It's just this topic is so over. It get's old ,real quick. What's the harm in having a few posters have fun with it for a minute or two?

No harm no foul no biggie...Jeans or no jeans, who really cares unless they have 20 holes in torn in them and you are entering on formal night. Don't want to see jeans at all???? Cruise the more "upscale and highly expensive" cruise lines, problem solved. :)

Archived